Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It's actually surprising he didn't get anything after the double season. Manager's up here have gone down south after achieving far less.

Was rumours that he's interviewed for a few jobs after that but evidently if true wasn't able to secure any of them. 

Of course, like all gossip, I've not the slightest clue if any of it is true! 

I'm not one of the ITK peeps 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was rumours that he's interviewed for a few jobs after that but evidently if true wasn't able to secure any of them. 

Of course, like all gossip, I've not the slightest clue if any of it is true! 

I'm not one of the ITK peeps 🤷‍♂️

If he did interview it's strange that there was nothing in the media at all. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

It's actually surprising he didn't get anything after the double season. Manager's up here have gone down south after achieving far less.

Just noticed Forest Green appointed Rob Edwards, now of Luton, at the end of May 2021. Makes more sense that Davidson didn’t get it now

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I see Stagecoach are paying out after the Fair City Saints bus fire after the 2021 (November) league cup semi final

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/4678636/st-johnstone-bus-fire-stagecoach-payout/

"At least" 9 fires since November 2018 😬

I know the more busy they are the more likely they'll have fires but that seems a lot?!

I am also fully aboard the Sprangler express. He would easily become the best named player in the league. An experienced defensive midfielder who loves to get stuck in, likes to get on the ball and retain possession and has European experience??!!! 

St Johnstone manager Steven MacLean is ready to deal in Austrian midfielder Sven Sprangler.

The 28-year-old has impressed while on trial with the Perth club across the past week and he is set to play in a bounce game on Tuesday.

He even travelled with the team on Saturday and was an interested spectator as Saints picked up a hard-working 0-0 draw with Celtic in Glasgow.

Sprangler, who has plenty of experience with the likes of SV Mattersburg and Wolfsberger AC, was most recently playing his football with Vorwärts Steyr.

Perth boss MacLean has liked what he has seen and hopes the move can be made official by the end of the week.

MacLean told the PA: “We are exploring whether we can do something with Sven.

“He’s done really well, he’s got something about him.

“He fitted in really well, he travelled with the lads to the Celtic game on Saturday so was able to take it all in.

“He’s going to play in a game for us on Tuesday down at Bonnyrigg too.

“We are looking into the permits and all the paperwork you have to do to get players into the country now.

The club are looking at it and are trying to speed the process up.

“It would be good to get it done and hopefully we’ll be able to get something for him this week.”

Sprangler, MacLean says, fits more into the defensive midfield mould and would add further options to a new-look squad keen to build on their point at Celtic Park.

MacLean added: “He kicked a few people in training last week, which is something I like!

“He’s aggressive, he’s more of a destroyer type of midfielder but he’s also good on the ball.“

“He is good at doing the simple things well, so he’d be a good addition.

“He’s fit and strong, and is a good age as well at 28 so would bring good experience.

Over his career he’s played in some big games at European group stage level as well as in Austria.”

The Perth squad has come through the weekend tussle with Celtic without any serious injury concerns.

The young club debutants - Luke Robinson, Jay Turner-Cooke and Dara Costelloe - understandably had heavy legs after a power of running but are excited for the next test.

Experienced defender Andy Considine was required to come off in the second half but MacLean revealed yesterday that it was “just tightness”. Ryan McGowan was not in the squad at the weekend.

MacLean said: “Ryan was left out of the squad. He wasn’t injured. You need to make decisions and that was my decision.”