Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

Got less than ten minutes, settle down

While I've definitely questioned his wait line, today certainly isn't the game to judge him one his ability. 

As you've said already he appeared 19 mins if not less. 

We produced very little going forward whatsoever today. His joke is to stick it in the net. If we create the total of zero chances, he's not going to score very many. 

The likes of Kane and May produced a few first touches especially that deserve much more criticism than Jepchott does. 

Yeah Kane and May were horrendous. Jephcott puts in a performance mirroring either and hes getting destroyed on here just now. Was bizarre how both just seemed to struggle to get going, i dont want to say lazy as it wasnt that, but there just wasn't any real conviction behind anything.

I still think id be tempted to get Taylor Steven back from his loan in January.

Hes probably not good enough to turn our season around, but at least having that pace/directness should allow some form of change from the bench when chasing a game. Yesterday you were looking entirely at Jaiyesimi, Turner-Cooke and Jephcott as "game changers" and none are getting Hearts defence turned IMO.

16 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Costelloe back to Burnley in January, please. I sympathise with him in that he isn’t playing in his suited position but he’s just not for me. Horrific state of affairs that he probably has to be in the team. 

I loathe him. That Dundee match was all I needed to see of him. 

24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think a lot of what was produced by Kane and May yesterday was due to tactics. To not even press the defenders hasn't been seen in a good few years from St Johnstone. It HAS to be that, they're surely not that bad?

I think saints were happy for Kent and Rowles to have the ball tbh, the only one playing progressive passes was Kingsley on his wrong side. For the most part it was working as well, the amount of times the Hearts centrebacks looked up and had no options was quite telling. Doesn’t distract from the fact Kane couldn’t trap a bag of cement yesterday and May doesn’t pose any attacking threat any more. 

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think a lot of what was produced by Kane and May yesterday was due to tactics. To not even press the defenders hasn't been seen in a good few years from St Johnstone. It HAS to be that, they're surely not that bad?

We've had 3 seperate managers now play 3-5-2 with the strikers defending wide and there being no real focal point.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've had 3 seperate managers now play 3-5-2 with the strikers defending wide and there being no real focal point.

They at least at times tried to press defenders. That yesterday was pish, absolute pish. Sure, if we had better, more mobile strikers with a bit of guile and pace then it may work. Defence starts at the front and all that but I want my strikers to at least have half a dozen shots at goal in a game. Or at least looking like they want to have shots on goal. That pish produced by those c***s yesterday was shocking. They're meant to be professionals, this is the one thing in life they excel at.... 

Give it up lads, get a job doing something you can do.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

They at least at times tried to press defenders. That yesterday was pish, absolute pish. Sure, if we had better, more mobile strikers with a bit of guile and pace then it may work. Defence starts at the front and all that but I want my strikers to at least have half a dozen shots at goal in a game. Or at least looking like they want to have shots on goal. That pish produced by those c***s yesterday was shocking. They're meant to be professionals, this is the one thing in life they excel at.... 

Give it up lads, get a job doing something you can do.

We've seen May and Kane play fine playing that way before.

I genuinely think MacPherson was due to play ahead of May, and him and Max were meant to defend wide with Kane central. MacPherson then got injured on Thursday/Friday and they had to change the gameplan, which caused it all to be a bit messy up front as they hadnt worked on who was going to press who.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Which is why I mentioned it must have been instructed. Shocking performance from the front pair.

Aye theyve been instructed to play a similar way before and been fine. I think both were just miles off it for differing reasons.

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Will be looking to get to that one to tick The Excelsior off. A tough dra’ indeed. 

Hopefully a wee mulled wine in an Airdrie pub prior to the game. I’ve seen them once this season (against QP) and they were absolutely stinking. I know we’re no great shakes but we should be comfortably progressing against midtable Championship dross.

Went to see Airdrie earlier in the season. 

They played well, they beat Partick. 

It was oddly cold there in early August. Going there in January will be baltic.  

Will be a tough game on the plastic pitch