Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

A lot of the changes needed are just wasting more money as well. 

Agreed.  But it may be worth it if it keeps us up.  If we stay up this season, a lot of the deadwood are out of contract in the summer (Crawford, McPherson etc). I would back Levein to do much better in the Summer window than Davidson. 

I'm fully expecting him to leave for Harrington Rovers in League Two down there, bag 10 goals in the next 5 months and then talk about it was hard to motivate himself to play in such a shit league which is why it didn't work out.

Something feels off about the whole thing tbh, as hes not really shown any of the quality he does possess yet.

12 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

All those Celtic fans will have to go home to Letham and Oakbank though!

None of those twats have ever been to a real game, they just cut about in their stained, grey looking fake taps picking their arses through their manky grey slazenger trackies. 

f**k Letham.

Bit frustrated after that today.

We were very good first half. Organised, men behind the ball and looked to counter and pose a threat on the break, with some good passing and even created a couple of half chances.

I get that Celtic upped their game, and massively superior squad etc, but that second half was so inevitable from about 5 minutes into it.

Costelloe is obviously not a left wing back, so I’m not having a go at him, but it was painful viewing in the second half. Celtic targeted him and he was like a lost wee boy looking around to see who he was meant to pick up.

We got hemmed in and made poor choices on a couple of opportunities to counter but it just looked like we needed to change things much earlier. Limited options with injuries, but why not bring on Olufunwa at RWB, move Brown to CB and Robinson out to LWB. Or go 4-5-1. Anything to change the pattern of the match.

Thats a couple of matches under Levein where it looks like he’s inherited the Callum Davidson habit of “they haven’t scored yet so everything must be fine” despite the fact that everyone else can see a goal coming.  Then make the changes once we’ve fallen behind. 

Thought Mitov and the 3 centre backs played well. Robinson is looking like a very good signing.

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Levein highlighting fitness as an issue in the Sky interview. 

Well there's two guys that can fix that.

I thought he basically said it how it was. We were tired, Celtic moved us about all second half. It's like he doesn't know his squad yet and is slowly trying to find out, but it's in high pressure games which isn't ideal. Taking DJ off should've been done ten minutes earlier but when you see the shift Kane and May put in then you know exactly why we kept a player blowing out his arse, in basically his first proper outing on the pitch so long. 

I'm still to be convinced by the Levein era. If he gets January right that'll help.

Not trying to be mean spirited but .. another game, another game-changing mistake from James Brown with his weak as piss header setting up McGregor for the equaliser. Not the worst one we’ve seen from him but he’s having a shocking season and I’m not sure why he keeps getting picked over Olufunwa. Him, Kane and May aren’t showing enough considering they’re supposed to be long-serving senior players. Carey and Gordon were in that category too but have stepped it up recently. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Levein highlighting fitness as an issue in the Sky interview. 

Well there's two guys that can fix that.

Was wondering about fitness. We've discussed it in here too. 

Too often recently 65ish mins ish in it's been fairly evident the likes of Max, Smith and Phillips start to look like they're struggling. While those are the individuals that it's easily observed I'm sure they're not the only ones as well. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was wondering about fitness. We've discussed it in here too. 

Too often recently 65ish mins ish in it's been fairly evident the likes of Max, Smith and Phillips start to look like they're struggling. While those are the individuals that it's easily observed I'm sure they're not the only ones as well. 

Not sure i'd class Smith and Phillips in that statement TBH, Max should never be near a starting place never mind 65mins into the game!

obviously getting a bit of favouritism IMO! What's  happened to Sprangler???

3 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Not trying to be mean spirited but .. another game, another game-changing mistake from James Brown with his weak as piss header setting up McGregor for the equaliser. Not the worst one we’ve seen from him but he’s having a shocking season and I’m not sure why he keeps getting picked over Olufunwa. Him, Kane and May aren’t showing enough considering they’re supposed to be long-serving senior players. Carey and Gordon were in that category too but have stepped it up recently. 

Pretty harsh imo,he headed it 12 yards,the bigger fault was everyone ball watching,and leaving McGregor totally free,at the edge of the box