Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I'd go along with this. If the club said the extra £ was to go directly towards improving the facilities and it was well communicated.

If I was looking to buy saints, on one hand there is a lot to go at in terms of untapped commercial revenues, but on the other, the utter laziness over the stadium would put you off. 

Aside from the dripping from roof, ancient tvs etc flagged, there is basic things like hot water that isn't available in toilets and frankly the slowest pie stalls on earth.

Aside from the contactless payment at the pie stalls and the e-tickets, I genuinely don't think anything has been upgraded in the east stand this century? Unless I'm missing something?

It was melting ice or condensation, not holes in the roof! As for hot water, it’s so hot in the east stand, it takes your skin off???  

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do genuinely wonder if one of the, apparently 2, striker signings Levein wants in January will be Grady McGrath.

Just had a look at some " highlights" and he was a million miles away from what we need.

(Snap judgements is what we are here for, yeah)

That said, if he can be improved as an all round player, his directness is more desirable than the "hold up" strikers we are using.

Just now, Saint Paddy said:

Just had a look at some " highlights" and he was a million miles away from what we need.

(Snap judgements is what we are here for, yeah)

That said, if he can be improved as an all round player, his directness is more desirable than the "hold up" strikers we are using.

Im almost certain ive seen them mention before that they want a handful of "project" players backing up the squad, and it just feels really obvious for someone like him to be 4th choice rather than Jephcott, as it stands.

Somehow get Jephcott out, let Kane go, sign McGrath for (relative) pennies, use the expanded budget on a striker viewed as first choice?

Doubt it would work out that way, or well.

Levein seems to suggest he wants 3 or 4 signings in January, while his explanation about Jephcotts lack if game time says a lot.

I can only go by what I see in training every day.

“We’re in a tight spot and we need to work extremely hard to get out of it.

“I’m basing my choices on those things.

“Up to this point Luke hasn’t been able to get in.”

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

If we can shift out a decent amount of the dross in January and bring in someone that resembles a football player...we might just be ok?

Think we've definitely moved from 10th-12th potential to now being 6th-9th territory. Very pleasing. Look a very cohesive and organized unit which you haven't been able to say since about May 2020.

1 hour ago, GorbalsMags said:

Kane looked a bit more himself today, throwing himself around and causing trouble. I suspect Mayzo is on his way out though.

Depends on the £. If Kane's contact is due in Jan then he might be the one allowed to leave due to the fact he's out of contract. 

Although I don't disagree with you in terms of production. Stevie would be my first candidate up front for the chop. 

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Depends on the £. If Kane's contact is due in Jan then he might be the one allowed to leave due to the fact he's out of contract. 

Although I don't disagree with you in terms of production. Stevie would be my first candidate up front for the chop. 

Think this is just a season too far for Mayzo, time comes for us all.

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Small things but.. 

Considine pushing young Fran to have a wee moment of his own in front of the East Stand as the other players were leaving the field. 

Also saw Considine encouraging Fran to acknowledge the East Stand when he was coming off. Thought he had a great game.

For no other reason than sentiment, I hope May gets till the end of the season so he can get a proper send off. MOH and more so Spoony were denied it, be a shame to make the same mistake again. 

Given the comments during the week on Jephcott and his abscenece today, him being a striker to move on seems highly likely. 

Neither Costello or DJ are strikers anyway, so getting one starter signed to play with Clark when he's occasionally fit leaves us Kane and May in reserve. Add a project player if you wish, who takeover next season from May and Kane if he's not offered anything beyond the summer. 

8 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

For no other reason than sentiment, I hope May gets till the end of the season so he can get a proper send off. MOH and more so Spoony were denied it, be a shame to make the same mistake again. 

Given the comments during the week on Jephcott and his abscenece today, him being a striker to move on seems highly likely. 

Neither Costello or DJ are strikers anyway, so getting one starter signed to play with Clark when he's occasionally fit leaves us Kane and May in reserve. Add a project player if you wish, who takeover next season from May and Kane if he's not offered anything beyond the summer. 

May is under contract until the summer, he won't be leaving before then I wouldn't think.  No room for sentiment this season though, if a January offer for May means being able to sign a better option then that is what should happen.