Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

But it’s ok to make those mistakes at Ibrox apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, I'd rather a young player make mistakes when 2-0 down at Ibrox than 0-0 v County.

The exact same situation could happen in 2 weeks and because he's already made the mistake he doesn't repeat it and we score a vital goal.

I'm not sure there is much between the two keepers but if we are going to insist on playing out from the back then wouldn't we be better off with Rae, who is at least comfortable with the ball at his feet.

13 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm not sure there is much between the two keepers but if we are going to insist on playing out from the back then wouldn't we be better off with Rae, who is at least comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Aye it’s like asking if you’d rather be killed using lethal injection or hanging. I would love us to be able to play out from the back but we don’t have either the goalkeeper or the ball playing defenders to do it. As @tree house tam said earlier if we get Ikpeazu back we can at least go long and let the most effective part of our team, our forwards, do their job. It might be we have to put up with some hoof ball until the manager can get his type of player in 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Might be grass is greener syndrome but I’d have Rae back in based on his ability to pull off some unexpected saves which I don’t believe Sinclair really has in his locker. Rae seems to be better with the ball at his feet also, although still wouldn’t trust him not to pass it straight to the opposition striker every game or two.

Which is worse? Consistent level of letting nearly everything in (Ross) or keeping some out and having a fairly regular howler (Josh)? That seems to be the choice we’ve got at the moment. 

Hopefully Simo has a free agent gem of a keeper up his sleeve so he doesn’t need to make that choice.

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

On that note, any word on when Simo is officially cleared to work for the club? Will there be another announcement or press conference of some sort?

When he was appointed it was pretty under the radar, social media stuff. Not the usual press conference, although appreciate that may have been different if Adam Webb was in good health and in the country.

Sinclair reminds me of Remi Matthews, saves the stuff you expect him to, but when you actually look into it, lets in quite a few that other keepers would save, especially low down. Like on the whole looks semi passable but I reckon the stats tell a totally different story. I’d prefer Rae plays, but neither I still confidence at all.