Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yeah I dunno much about Rudden tbf but if clubs are looking at him as the next Shankland or Nisbet, with the added bonus that he's younger than either of those two were when they started to seriously develop, then it'd be silly to be overly frugal. Obviously don't want to pay silly money but I'd imagine the fee PT are holding out for isn't a lot if the McCann/Kerr money is being reinvested right enough. 

Rudden is 21, has over 100 senior appearances, has 20 goals in 53 games I the second tier, and is virtually free in the Summer.

It's such an obviously good gamble to take and its just bizarre the manager is even second guessing it.

I look forward to the 36yo free agent who's played 1 game in 3 years that he decides is a better option for us. Far better to sign someone like that who "knows the league".

Rudden is 21, has over 100 senior appearances, has 20 goals in 53 games I the second tier, and is virtually free in the Summer.
It's such an obviously good gamble to take and its just bizarre the manager is even second guessing it.
I look forward to the 36yo free agent who's played 1 game in 3 years that he decides is a better option for us. Far better to sign someone like that who "knows the league".

I’m wondering if Ruddens stalling on a PCA Because of the league position we’re in. Thistle know they can name their price on him just now and I won’t be surprised if the boards huffing and puffing on it despite the promised warchest.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m wondering if Ruddens stalling on a PCA Because of the league position we’re in. Thistle know they can name their price on him just now and I won’t be surprised if the boards huffing and puffing on it despite the promised warchest.

The "board" have nothing to do with it, certainly not refusing to release funds anyway. They've given Davidson complete financial support and given him support of an expert alongside him, he can have no complaints on that side of things. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The "board" have nothing to do with it, certainly not refusing to release funds anyway. They've given Davidson complete financial support and given him support of an expert alongside him, he can have no complaints on that side of things. 

So you know for a fact that the board are providing funds for whatever Callum wants yeah? And as for the so called expert…

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's Connor Sammon up to these days?

16 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

So you know for a fact that the board are providing funds for whatever Callum wants yeah? 

They have done since he took charge.

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What's Connor Sammon up to these days?

"Gary likes him"

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry but that's extremely unlikely, if it's anything like any other business - particularly a family business. 

Saints seem to be run like a typical 2nd generation small/medium family business, with owners from a different sector, one where 'every penny is a prisoner' and control of cashflow is very strict. It's absolutely no surprise we are risk-averse to the point of restricting growth and in this year, actually relegating us due to 'spoiling the ship for a ha'penny worth 'o tar'. 

I've said it before many times on this thread and others, this will be our undoing. Although I have zero inside info and can only go by what I've seen here and in the papers, it does seem like we've put in lowball offers and been laughed out the room. 

ETA also remember that Brown is pretty much on record as saying that he views playing staff overhead as a cost first and foremost, not so much a potentially appreciating asset. The business model in construction is low margin, aggressive on cost with predictable ROI. You'd not build a house for £100k and maybe get nothing for it, maybe get a couple of million. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Sorry but that's extremely unlikely.

Folk are free to believe what they like tbh. The squad is in its current state because of Callum Davidsons decisions, not because Steve Brown is denying him funds. Has any previous manager been allowed to offer so many multi-year deals to players as Davidson?

2 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

So selling his 2 best players at cut price (Kerr I get but mccann…) is backing the manager financially?

He agreed to sell Kerr in the Summer, as he'd already signed replacements in Muller and Brown.

He still believes Gilmour and MacPherson can replace McCann. Don't be shocked if we pay St Mirren for MacPherson this month.

No transfer business is done without him agreeing.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Folk are free to believe what they like tbh. The squad is in its current state because of Callum Davidsons decisions, not because Steve Brown is denying him funds. Has any previous manager been allowed to offer so many multi-year deals to players as Davidson?

Yeah Tommy Wright, Sandy Clark, John Connolly, even mciness gave out 2 year deals… and that’s not to include sturrock 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He agreed to sell Kerr in the Summer, as he'd already signed replacements in Muller and Brown.

He still believes Gilmour and MacPherson can replace McCann. Don't be shocked if we pay St Mirren for MacPherson this month.

No transfer business is done without him agreeing.

If you believe that you don’t understand how the football club works. If a bid comes in or the HOR/Managing director (or whatever Boyd’s title is) want a play enough and they can get them cheap, the chairman will accept it. Every penny at that club is a prisoner and brown is the one who makes the final decision

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂

Trust me, I'm aware of how transfer dealings at Saints works.

Worked for the club for multiple years have you? Or just watched a football manager documentary and think that’s how it works?