Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Would people be happy with Swanson, McKenzie and McMillan as our January signings? 

Them with Kerr and Kane returning should give us that freshness the squad badly needs. Ideally we'd get a CM whos French and young aswell..

If this all comes off, which it probably won't, but it's good to be excited for a while, then we could be lining up a bit like this;

Clark

Comrie  Shaughnessy  Anderson  Easton

Maury  Millar

Wotherspoon  Scougall  Swanson

MacMillan 

with a bench chosen out of;  Mannus, Tanser, Gordon, Kerr, Foster, Paton, Davidson, Craig, Alston, Maclean, Kane, Johnstone.

With Rory Mac joining in the summer.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

If this all comes off, which it probably won't, but it's good to be excited for a while, then we could be lining up a bit like this;

Clark

Maury  Millar

MacMillan 

with a bench chosen out of;  Mannus, Tanser, Gordon, Kerr, Foster, Paton, Davidson, Craig, Alston, Maclean, Kane, Johnstone.

This won't happen. Young Broon would need to sit down after seeing  all those stars in the stand.

I don’t want Mackenzie. In my eyes he’ll just turn out to be another Alston. A guy who’ll put on 6/10 performances every time and neither contribute very much, or provide pace and drive. I’d also be amazed if Swanson comes back, I know he’s having a rough time at the moment, which has probably led to him being out the team and squads, but surely he’d want to fight for his place?

Sounds harsh, but we shouldn’t be bringing back Swanson.

Just seems he’s taking the piss, it’ll take him 6 months to get up to scratch, then return to Hibs.

Rinse and repeat.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thomson's release confirmed by the official twitter.

Goodbye sweet prince. GBNF

He'll sign for Albion Rovers and score the winner on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Maury  Millar

MacMillan 

Close,but we've two ch's better than Ando ;) sorry Kyle 

Ando is still a better player than either Kerr or Gordon because of his experience, I’d rather the other two played right now due to his form.

Thompson was crap, for a winger I don’t think I ever saw him put a decent cross in the box. Added nothing to the team in the games he played and won’t be missed.

Arguments over.

10 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Or your obsession with young midge not being good enough after about  5 games 

Claiming that two defender who have played about 5 games between them (one hasn't even played at all ffs :lol:)  are better than the most decorate player in our club's history is just ludicrous. They both have the raw materials to surpass Ando in the not too distant future though and I would be happy enough to see one or both get a run in the team at his expense right now. We're exceptionally lucky to have them here at this stage in their development and to still have Ando (and Joe) here to help them develop further.

The balance of evidence suggests that Thomson isn't good enough. Beyond a flash in the pan performance off the bench against Aberdeen and a promising first start against Hamilton, he's contributed nothing in 27 appearances for the club. I'd argue that Caddis - who is now playing in league two via amateur football - looked a better player than Thomson. 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

BY that argument no youngster gets a game as they lack experience Tierney and Robertain wouldn't  be playing , or Comrie,  if you're good enough you're old enough 

Indeed. hence why he's now been released - he's not good enough.

I can't judge after so little time,  Fisher was poor forlonger,  but turned  out fine

You’re totally contradicting your own arguments here. How can 2 players who’ve barely played be deemed better than our record appearance holder. Whereas a player who’s down not to be good enough, may have been through lack of games?

Pick a train of thought and stick with it, either way at least one of your opinions is totally wrong.