Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'm not sure numbers are really the issue tbh. The Well Society has just over 2350 members and it seems to tick over reasonably well bringing in a 6 figure sum in subscriptions. It's a cliché I know but Saints are "a well run club", assuming the infrastructure is there then fan ownership isn't an unrealistic shout. Would 2000 odd monthly pledges seem unrealistic for Saints?

From looking at The Well Society the main thing is engagement and communication. For years the Society didn't really seem to know what it was doing or how to put over a convincing, credible message. The whole proposal pretty much seemed to be predicated on an assumption along the lines of "if you're a Motherwell supporter you'll contribute...because". It's only fairly recently that they seemed to get themselves together and realise that they had to convince supporters that they knew what they were doing, that their plan is viable and demonstrate how it would be implemented in a practical, sustainable sense.

The social media and communications engagement from the club and the WS have been key to getting that message across.

I'm honesty not sure what would be realistic in terms of ours fans tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Unofficial twitter asked a French account who stated he was a sub but he did come on. 

Not according to this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MadeinDFCO/status/955213074394505217

Impressive French skills from unofficial Twitter though!

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Praise

7 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Not according to this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MadeinDFCO/status/955213074394505217

Impressive French skills from unofficial Twitter though!

You sure? Twitters translation suggests it reads:

"hello, yes he was replacing, but came into play"... 

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Ah, twitter apps built in translation obviously isn't very good then!

I think there was a grammatical error  in the twitter feed so it effectively said "He was substitute" as opposed to "He was a substitute"

That's not going to trip up a human reader who knows the context but sent the machine translation down the wrong alley

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Hi folks, does anyone have a contact for a St Johnstone historian? A football historian down south who has helped me with some Alloa stuff is looking for a Saints expert.

Here's your man...

Brian Doyle

@briandoyle77

St Johnstone Historian. Views are my own.

Saintshistory.wordpress.com

14 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:
19 minutes ago, Waspie said:
Hi folks, does anyone have a contact for a St Johnstone historian? A football historian down south who has helped me with some Alloa stuff is looking for a Saints expert.

Look for Brian Doyle on twitter.

13 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Here's your man...

Brian Doyle

@briandoyle77

St Johnstone Historian. Views are my own.

Saintshistory.wordpress.com

Thanks, much appreciated :).

Unofficial Twitter reporting that TW has said there has been "no progress" with any January targets. 

He's probably telling the truth this time, but I'm sort of half expecting a signing announcement now :lol:

Edited by RandomGuy.

Looking at six games in fourteen days if the Cup tie goes to a replay, which is more than possible considering the pitch will be a bog by then. 

Means our younger players would have no choice but to be chucked in due to the more experienced options being prone to niggles. Could work out quite well. 

Bit harsh to say "happy he's away" but he needed to play more football than he was managing at Saints. I think getting games is the most important thing for him, the level isn't so important.

Thought he had a chance for a bit last season after the confidence he took from his goal at Aberdeen but just never happened for him this campaign.

8 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I'm interviewing Craig Thomson this afternoon about his move to East Fife: I'm guessing you guys are pretty happy he's away? Not progressed enough? Is League One his level do you think? Cheers. :thumsup2

I'd say he's better than that level,never got a run of games at Perth after Tommy gave him a 3 year contract ,but  for one reason or another it didn't happen,  despite Alston being inconsistent there too.I hope he gets games and I'm sure he'll get a championship team at least 

It’s been a pretty shitey few weeks being a saints fan, no game for 4 weeks ( last match was an abysmal defeat at Home ) no new signings while all our rivals are strengthening, TW moaning about no abroad training camp and now a potential fixture backlog.  What’s everyone’s predictions for the rest of the season? Relegation battle or battle for top 6? 

11 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

It’s been a pretty shitey few weeks being a saints fan, no game for 4 weeks ( last match was an abysmal defeat at Home ) no new signings while all our rivals are strengthening, TW moaning about no abroad training camp and now a potential fixture backlog.  What’s everyone’s predictions for the rest of the season? Relegation battle or battle for top 6? 

We have signed McMillan though.