Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm really not sure why Saints fans are surprised by this. Comments about Webb telling the manager he's never to play again are miles and miles away from the reality of what is going on. 

There was ZERO in the statement that remotely suggested he would be frozen out or that this incident changed a thing with MacPherson. 

The whole handling of the statement was all an attempt to calm the situation down nothing more. The fact they didn't post it on Facebook or twitter confirms that was what it was all about. Damage limitation. 

Can only assume the only "punishment" he faced was a fine?

Which knowing us gets offset by a bonus for playing today.

Macpherson shouldn't be near our team even before he revealed himself to be a cretin. I can fully understand why some Saints fans are considering whether they want to support the team and with his likes in it. 

Well. That's the straw that broke the camels back.

My saint TV subscription is hanging on by a life line. Only as it's pennies and convenient to turn off and walk away.

However not one more penny through turnstile or retail will be spent by me towards the club this season. Not much but I was going to get a kit and a couple training tops.

To be fair I probably would be close to that decision based on football ability alone from the individual 

16 hours ago, strawman said:

The only thing I’ve heard Steve Browns son accused of is deleting the 7-2 Dundee game by recording some random thing over it meaning there is no record of it.

Part of me likes the fact only those of us that were there will ever know how good it was, part of me hates him cos I d love to see it again.

16 hours ago, Costanza said:

That was the chef was it not? So the tale I was told goes anyway! 

I was actually at the 7-2 game with my SJ supporting brother. Would have liked to see it again.

Of course, that pales into insignificance next to the despicable act of Alex Totten taping over Simon Stainrod scoring from the centre spot in 1991. 😡

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm really not sure why Saints fans are surprised by this. Comments about Webb telling the manager he's never to play again are miles and miles away from the reality of what is going on. 

There was ZERO in the statement that remotely suggested he would be frozen out or that this incident changed a thing with MacPherson. 

The whole handling of the statement was all an attempt to calm the situation down nothing more. The fact they didn't post it on Facebook or twitter confirms that was what it was all about. Damage limitation. 

Same boat. If he was to be frozen out it should have come from the owner/ chairman.

Was Levein to impose his own personal discipline on the situation over and above what the club had supposedly done?

The statement midweek should have said he’s suspended for a couple of games. 

Even if we ignore the obvious reason for MacPherson not playing, I can only assume that Levein was in a coma for the first hour or so on Monday. Game changed when Carey came on and MacPherson went off but Levein opts to start with only one change and that was enforced. 

McPherson starting today both for footballing reasons and code of conduct is ridiculous.

Levein is stubborn. Stubborn people on the right track can be good. 
on the wrong track, they are a recipe for disaster 

Was absolutely convinced he'd be nowhere near the team – really can't relate to that decision.

Terrible from a moral perspective. 

Terrible optics from the club

Terrible from a player's perspective. If MacPherson was a shitebag before last week, what's he going to be like with both sets of fans booing him?

Literally no upside here

5 minutes ago, Hiding behibd a keyboard said:

Looks a bit like you now 

You're not doing your boyfriend any favours here.

Just now, Hiding behibd a keyboard said:

Have to say, didn’t create an account especially just to comment on your post, it’s the first I seen however . It sprung out at me, thought perhaps it was a selfie.  

The joke/dig gets more effective with every re-telling. 👍

Just now, Hiding behibd a keyboard said:

Have to say, didn’t create an account especially just to comment on your post, it’s the first I seen however . It sprung out at me, thought perhaps it was a selfie.  

You can’t even spell your own username.