Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Enjoying the irony of Saints fans online who slaughtered the previous manager at every opportunity from day one saying how we all need to get behind the new manager.

Not going to lie, that applies to me. However in my defence, the new manager was appointed after an open recruitment process so deserves our support. The last manager got the job because he was a mate of the chairman/owner at the time. Quite a significant difference. Also he has already energized a support that has been beaten down by years of tedious, defensive football. That in itself is deserving of our support 

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Enjoying the irony of Saints fans online who slaughtered the previous manager at every opportunity from day one saying how we all need to get behind the new manager.

You're right

Although I can't say anything. If he was in charge as of now I would have bit the bullet and went to Ibrox to get behind him.

Now that we know it's Kirk and co in charge again, will I be going? Absolutely not.

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You're right

Although I can't say anything. If he was in charge as of now I would have bit the bullet and went to Ibrox to get behind him.

Now that we know it's Kirk and co in charge again, will I be going? Absolutely not.

I predict that if he doesn't like what he sees vs Rangers, he will either head down to the touchline or if not possible due to Visa, then will be phoning down.

I liked the interview. Feels full of passion and says all the right things. How that translates into performances is what counts and whether the players buy into it. If not, they'll be away in Jan and he'll bring in his own. 

3 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

The Lativan season will finish up in the first weekend of November so I wonder if he has tapped up a few of these guys.

Am I right in thinking anyone signed this was wouldn’t be able to play until Jan? Guess it just gives them a months to get to know each other in training in time for our romp to third place! 😉

Brexit Rules mean we’d struggle to get many, but as has been said, it’s bloody exciting!!

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

In fairness I think most fans, while sceptical of the Levein appointment, were willing to give him a chance and be supportive at first, particularly after the first few games where it seemed like he'd solidified us a bit. But he didn't exactly meet us halfway, did he? From Day One he came across as unenthusiastic, aloof and gave the impression that he was only here to do us all a favour. You can maybe get away with that if you're getting results on the pitch and dragging us up the table, but he was doing a really, really bad job and everyone could see that.

I think Valakari's enthusiasm, and the fact that he's come from outside Scottish football to win the job on merit (as opposed to just being here because he happened to be sitting in the stand at one of our games), will buy him more time with the fans if things don't go well at first. But ultimately he's going to have to get results too or the pressure will be on him in the same way as it was Levein.