Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We know the new leadership are pushing for us to have a better commercial income. 

I know they were focusing on local businesses with the business club idea. 

This is relatively speaking a big brand so I can't imagine Saints will benefit massively financially from it but it can be used as an example to other brands what value we can provide to them in the hope of attracting others. 

FYI we could also see other changes after the Carling deal with the SPFL as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

This is relatively speaking a big brand so I can't imagine Saints will benefit massively financially from it but it can be used as an example to other brands what value we can provide to them in the hope of attracting others. 

Its benefits saints financially in terms of a couple of commercial deals that carabao has replaced, one of which was a deal for bottled water that cost the club money that could pay half a new player’s wage

32 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

one of which was a deal for bottled water that cost the club money that could pay half a new player’s wage

Take it that was a Flaherty masterstroke?

28 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Foreign centre back training with the team this week, Valakari not hanging about

Let's go for another Sanel Jahic, always forget he scored one of the goals that led us to the 2014 Scottish Cup win

57 minutes ago, Tattie-bogle said:

When we literally have a water bottling plant in Perthshire 

Incidentally owned by the richest man in Scotland 😜

If nothing else good happens today, at least I found out I own a water bottling plant 😁

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Courier reporting we received £25k for Dan Phillips.

That's ball park what was being mooted at the time I think.

What you would rather really?

Dan Phillips for another year, or cami AND 25k....!?

I'll forever be convinced Phillips was used wrong. He shouldn't have been the deepest CM and needed to play much higher up hassling opponents like McCann did.

Under TW, with Muzz/Craig being a shield behind him and also teaching him, then he's much higher regarded IMO, he becomes a really good CM. Instead we got a bang average holding midfielder who never developed.

9 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Bozo Mikulic, Croatian defender who played under Valakari at Auda in Latvia is apparently the player on trial. 

Left footer, apparently.