Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

How do you think you lads will do next season? Try and push into top 6? or happy surviving? 

Come, come now.  At least put some effort in,  try again.

Just now, Kyle said:

Obviously hoping we can at least maintain our position but we've shown signs lately that we might be capable of a top 6 push again. It's looking like we'll have Anderson, Davidson and Tanser again next season and we'll hopefully at least make an attempt to keep Williams and Willock but without knowing for certain if those 5 will stay (or if the replacements are up to much) it's really hard to gauge where we actually are. Losing our 3 oldest heads might not have as big an effect on the side as we feared on the pitch, but the changing room atmosphere might suffer as a result as well.

All joking aside about Drey Wright, that's a signing that could really go either way. Colchester fans seem to be impressed by him and he played in all but 2 of their league matches last season, but he could turn out to be complete horse shite at our level. Tanser is the same age and took a while to settle but looks more than good enough so hoping that Wright will at the very least adjust to our level and be a useful option, if not a regular starter.

I can't see us going down with the squad the way it is right now, but then I'm sure the Thistle fans would've been in the same position last summer.

I don't think he was being entirely sincere to be honest, fair do's if he was though.

1 minute ago, SaintDougie said:

I don't think he was being entirely sincere to be honest, fair do's if he was though.

Yeah I wasn't sure either. If he is trolling though, I've found that a straight lace response tends to ruin their fun and they go away.

How do you think you boy’s will do next season? Try and push into top 6 or happy to survive?

I think with the long established players you’re losing plus others (Davidson and the guys on loan) I think you’ll  finish 10th at best. Asking understudies to step into the position of those departuring and the poor standard of this summer’s recruitment so far don’t bode well for the future. 

Saintees have been shit since October, (you’ve always been shite tbf). Just as well you had a tremendous start to this season. 

Between the Saintees, St Mirren and Accies to go down. 

Edited by Yenitit

How do you think you boy’s will do next season? Try and push into top 6 or happy to survive?
I think with the long established players you’re losing plus others (Davidson and the guys on loan) I think you’ll  finish 10th at best. Asking understudies to step into the position of those departuring and the poor standard of this summer’s recruitment so far don’t bode well for the future. 
Saintees have been shit since October, (you’ve always been shite tbf). Just as well you had a tremendous start to this season. 
Between the Saintees, St Mirren and Accies to go down. 

What’s worse is you had to take time and effort to spout that drivel.

Anyway ignoring the hilarious attempts at certain Dundee fans to troll, it’s Thursday which means Courier signing day is looming!

1 minute ago, Widge said:

What’s worse is you had to take time and effort to spout that drivel.

Anyway ignoring the hilarious attempts at certain Dundee fans to troll, it’s Thursday which means Courier signing day is looming!

Thinking exactly the same thing. I can't see a scenario where we don't announce a contract renewal or two or another new signing prior to Saturday's match.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Thinking exactly the same thing. I can't see a scenario where we don't announce a contract renewal or two or another new signing prior to Saturday's match.

Hopefully it’s better than what’s been announced these last couple of weeks. 

Hopefully it’s better than what’s been announced these last couple of weeks. 

Ok I’m going to play the game. What’s been announced in the last couple of weeks which should concern saints fans? Cause I for one am not concerned in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ok I’m going to play the game. What’s been announced in the last couple of weeks which should concern saints fans? Cause I for one am not concerned in the slightest.

Stop feeding the trolls widgebit. Let them bask in their glorious Ninth placed finish.

Ffs Widge, take it your really bored?

Aww man super bored. Sitting in Ballater waiting for a meeting. It’s not the most happening place, still it’s a lot cleaner and more hygienic than most cities, like Dundee for example.

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

Mannus, McLean, Millar, Willock, Williams departure.

Davidson waiting to see what offers there are out there. 

Easton fucked again. 

Drey Wright.