The TV Coverage Thread

The TV coverage always divides opinion so keep all your chat here.

Both BBC and ITV have announced their line ups...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36246839

http://www.itv.com/euro2016/itv-offers-fans-a-french-football-festival-at-euro-2016

There's also a couple of Euro 96 documentaries to look forward to plus the BBC are also doing a full rerun of Scotland vs England and England vs Germany from that tournament over the next week.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Ian Wright either.  Sure he's just a cheerleader, but I'd rather have him there being passionate about something than the usual ones who look like they'd rather be anywhere else.

His shite glasses can f**k off though.

I don't mind Ian Wright either.  Sure he's just a cheerleader, but I'd rather have him there being passionate about something than the usual ones who look like they'd rather be anywhere else.

His shite glasses can f**k off though.

Cue the Daily Record hotline full of folk complaining about how he's "supposed to be neutral".  

Looking forward to not watching any of the build-up.

This.

So when I tune in to watch Poland v Northern Ireland on Sunday, I won't have to listen to them dribble on about England's performance v Russia the previous day only to then switch focus to N.Ireland 2 minutes before kick-off. Or when I settle down to enjoy Belgium v Italy on Monday, I won't have sat through 20 minutes of England news of the upcoming game v Wales beforehand.

It's the only way to do it. Otherwise, I start off every tournament fairly ambivalent about England's results and even have a mild interest in watching them play, only to get overwhelmed by news and opinions about England before and after every single game, give up counting how many times the commentators link something to England or the English Premier League in every single game, and end up a seething wreck desperate for England to drop out of the tournament just to shut them up.

Interesting that Jacqui Oatley is now a presenter. She was awful at commentating but I think she'll probably be pretty good at presenting.

The ITV list of guests looks ridiculous, it's the most random, obscure list of players ever. I wonder how many rejections they got to get far enough down the list to invite Christian Karembeu.

This.

So when I tune in to watch Poland v Northern Ireland on Sunday, I won't have to listen to them dribble on about England's performance v Russia the previous day only to then switch focus to N.Ireland 2 minutes before kick-off.

Watch the game on BBC NI if you have that. ;)

Archived