East Region Signing News

Combester

You've clearly been speaking to players to quote the not wanting to travel issue. So you must know what contract they signed. If a player signs a contract they have signed end off. Club only allow players to then move on if their terms are met.

Am I missing something hers or should Tranent just let players walk for fees decided by the buying club jeeez

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've clearly been speaking to players to quote the not wanting to travel issue. So you must know what contract they signed. If a player signs a contract they have signed end off. Club only allow players to then move on if their terms are met.

Am I missing something hers or should Tranent just let players walk for fees decided by the buying club jeeez

Not spoke to any players but I know that's the reason they left Haddington last season as it was stated! Ben Miller £2.5k there's one valuation I heard? Incredible

Jeez I hope that's the figure he's potentially a Super league player so why not?

Not a hope in hell hes worth that much! Yes I agree he does have the potential the play super league but there's far better players worth less! I don't have anything against Tranent as a few close friends play there( whether they like it or not ) but I hope clubs hold them to ransom like they are doing to others.

Weknowthetruth: have you been on drugs for a year it was season 14/15 Bathgate just avoided relegation not last season. The goals conceded last season was quite high but both centre backs missed large parts of the season through injury and never had any cover in that area, I believe it will be different this season with the new signings.

But not every player was signed on 2year deals? Some players signed after the Bonnyrigg game? Haddington lost players to Tranent last season due to them not wanting to travel but this season Tranent keep a hold of them £££

What player wasn't signed on for a 2year deal?

Not spoke to any players but I know that's the reason they left Haddington last season as it was stated! Ben Miller £2.5k there's one valuation I heard? Incredible

Your info is well of the mark mate, we value Ben massively but clearly the team who wanted him didn't !! As for keeping players that don't want to be at the club!! If any player is not happy I'm sure Gary would be more than happy let them go, at the correct price. Unfortunately players get tapped by super league teams, that's why all players are on 2 year deals to protect the club.

Are we going to sign Kevin Thomson! Hopefully, Tranent could be perfect match at this stage in his life! The boy could still play in SPL, even the fact that we have spoken to him says a lot for the junior game. If deal was to happen it would add revenue to other clubs as well as ours. The boy will be a manager of a top club one day, starting of at the bottom working with 700 young players will only stand him in good stead.

For the boys concerned about things ending badly, thanks for the concern but I think Tranent are in safe hands, the boys at the club work there socks of to make sure the P&L sheet is always in profit.

Good luck for the season ahead ðŸ‘

Is Darren smith still there? Excellent player and professional. Always been a pleasure to watch him play

Yes he is mate, he's our captain top player and a great lad.

Sounds like Tranent are continuing down the insane path of splashing daft amounts of money that they cannot possibly sustain if the money man walks.

Kevin Thomson? £700 a week?

It will end in tears.

Probably is nonsense, but he won't go there for nothing if he has offers from the likes of Raith and Airdrie.

It is nonsense mate. Nowhere near the mark. Other clubs have offered a lot more to him than what we have. If he does decide to sign it won't be money that would influence his decision.

On the plus side surely this must be seen as a positive for junior football. Players as good as Thomson don't come to junior football very often if ever. If it was Linlithgow or any other big junior club they would be getting a lot of credit for even attempting to sign him.

I personally don't consider clubs splashing cash on SPFL has beens as a positive.

We operate in an environment where we don't have fixture lists because we don't have floodlights. Clubs would rather piss money away on players, then moan about no fixture lists.

How do u know we are not trying to do this also. We are in the process of making improvements to the ground. We are a club going forward. Our turnover has increased over 400% from last season. If u were at the agm u would have seen all this. Instead what u don't know u seem to make up. U done this all last year about how much went spent but what u haven't seen is what we have brought in. The club live within there means. There was no loss on the balance sheet last year.

Archived