East Region Signing News

Combester

How do u know we are not trying to do this also. We are in the process of making improvements to the ground. We are a club going forward. Our turnover has increased over 400% from last season. If u were at the agm u would have seen all this. Instead what u don't know u seem to make up. U done this all last year about how much went spent but what u haven't seen is what we have brought in. The club live within there means. There was no loss on the balance sheet last year.

Yeah, turnover increases massively when someone is pumping in the money! Are you saying that the club could have signed the players you did and pay out the money to them simply by the committee working harder? C'mon. Who pays for Kevin Thomson if he comes? More raffle ticket sales?

History shows its a very dodgy road to go down and rarely ends well. My point is, if someone wants to splash the cash, try and get the basic infrastructure in place so at least when he walks away you have something to show for it, because players won't hang around when the big money dries up.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do u know we are not trying to do this also. We are in the process of making improvements to the ground. We are a club going forward. Our turnover has increased over 400% from last season. If u were at the agm u would have seen all this. Instead what u don't know u seem to make up. U done this all last year about how much went spent but what u haven't seen is what we have brought in. The club live within there means. There was no loss on the balance sheet last year.

Aye right buddy I suppose you still believe in Santa Claus as well

Yeah, turnover increases massively when someone is pumping in the money! Are you saying that the club could have signed the players you did and pay out the money to them simply by the committee working harder? C'mon. Who pays for Kevin Thomson if he comes? More raffle ticket sales?

History shows its a very dodgy road to go down and rarely ends well. My point is, if someone wants to splash the cash, try and get the basic infrastructure in place so at least when he walks away you have something to show for it, because players won't hang around when the big money dries up.

You have burst my ears all season about Tranent and how much money I've spent. I told the lot of you to come to AGM. The club generated just under 90k last year, 16k of that was from my company to supply four teams with all the kit. We have a business model and a businessplan that is well underway to secure the long term future of Tranent Juniors long after I'm gone. I brought 25 sponsors to the club last year, and between belter 1 and other committee members brought the rest, over 36 to be exact. If i want to dig into my pocket and support the gaffer then that's up to me, who wouldn't want to try and bring top players to there club!! There are other committee members who have chipped in to raise the 10k we need to secure the ground with a 10ft fence! So it's no just me who is happy to dig deep.

Now away and worry about how you could generate enough money to support your gaffer get out that south division. Just for the record there is another junior club who have offered KT 3 times what we have, sometimes it's not all about the cash, relationships go along way. That's the reason we can speak to class players, Gary has relationships with these people.

Happy to help you with ideas on how to support you club financially. 😉

You have burst my ears all season about Tranent and how much money I've spent. I told the lot of you to come to AGM. The club generated just under 90k last year, 16k of that was from my company to supply four teams with all the kit. We have a business model and a businessplan that is well underway to secure the long term future of Tranent Juniors long after I'm gone. I brought 25 sponsors to the club last year, and between belter 1 and other committee members brought the rest, over 36 to be exact. If i want to dig into my pocket and support the gaffer then that's up to me, who wouldn't want to try and bring top players to there club!! There are other committee members who have chipped in to raise the 10k we need to secure the ground with a 10ft fence! So it's no just me who is happy to dig deep.

Now away and worry about how you could generate enough money to support your gaffer get out that south division. Just for the record there is another junior club who have offered KT 3 times what we have, sometimes it's not all about the cash, relationships go along way. That's the reason we can speak to class players, Gary has relationships with these people.

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

You have burst my ears all season about Tranent and how much money I've spent. I told the lot of you to come to AGM. The club generated just under 90k last year, 16k of that was from my company to supply four teams with all the kit. We have a business model and a businessplan that is well underway to secure the long term future of Tranent Juniors long after I'm gone. I brought 25 sponsors to the club last year, and between belter 1 and other committee members brought the rest, over 36 to be exact. If i want to dig into my pocket and support the gaffer then that's up to me, who wouldn't want to try and bring top players to there club!! There are other committee members who have chipped in to raise the 10k we need to SECURE THE GROUND WITH A 10ft FENCE! SO IT'S NO ME WHO IS HAPPY TO DIG DEEP.

A see what you've done there

Well said. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ‘🼠End of.

Let the guy put in cash if he wants and can afford to do so.

Kenny was the only one buddy, 1 out 3 not bad 🙈

No buddy Kenny wasn't the only one, just spoke to 1 of them earlier. Daz and Ryan signed later part of the season and Kenny signed recently.

No buddy Kenny wasn't the only one, just spoke to 1 of them earlier. Daz and Ryan signed later part of the season and Kenny signed recently.

wrong again buddy, Daz and Ryan agreed new deals at Xmas elf was retiring until he changed his mind recently.

Night 💤

Sustainability is the point and what your are 'building' does not appear to be sustainable. If you leave do the 25 sponsors you brought leave as well? Where were they all in previous seasons when the club nearly folded? £16k for 4 teams kit, what's it made of, gold thread? In a post a few months ago you said you had invested £25-30k.......

People need to remember than this is Junior fitba, not even top level Junior fitba at that and we're talking about insane levels of spending on players whilst facilities leave a lot to be desired. Seems to me to be an ego trip if your even trying to sign who you say you are.

When's the floodlights going in at Tranent? You could help lead the way to more clubs installing them and therefore a proper fixture list. That would benefit the club, and the game, more.

I watched Tranent a few times last year when berwick played away from home and there midfield was the strongest part off there team - why spent fortunes on a player when they don't need him - another publicity stunt and money making scheme - ie more season tickets rather than a footballing decision if you ask me! Plus one player in the dressing room on a fortune and the rest of the boys on a normal junior wage can't be good for team spirit?? KT signs he plays every week no matter how good or bad he plays -can't see the manager treating him the same!

Anyway I'll say no more. Good luck in the Premier JOS.

Thanks, I'm sure we will be seeing you guys next season. I understand what all the doubters are saying, only time will tell. The model is sustainable because we have the fan base, I'm happy to help any other club with ideas etc if they want. I'm at Tranent for the long haul. All the best ðŸ‘

Thanks, I'm sure we will be seeing you guys next season. I understand what all the doubters are saying, only time will tell. The model is sustainable because we have the fan base, I'm happy to help any other club with ideas etc if they want. I'm at Tranent for the long haul. All the best ðŸ‘

It's nothing personal, just an opinion based on previous experiences. Hopefully we do meet the season after next, and not in the South Division!

Fair comment, but I bet people said that about Ballingry Rovers as well.

ballingry went to the wall cause they didn't pay there bills and they hadn't been paying them before the money man came in.

Archived