Mrs Bunfield's barmy army

He'll be telling you that's not how football works. As you well know.

So should we be doing better than Uruguay on the international stage too out of interest?

And why are you saying we when talking about Scotland are you not from Northern Ireland?

I only replied to Deeboy initially here by the way. I'm hardly looking for encouragement.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone put up a thread about the streetlights in Denny 1320 would be on there posting away at the rate of 15 parargaphs a second.

He's unavoidable. It's like being trapped in a lift with Dominik Diamond.

I'm replying to people that have replied to me. You included.

So should we be doing better than Uruguay on the international stage too out of interest?

And why are you saying we when talking about Scotland are you not from Northern Ireland?

I only replied to Deeboy initially here by the way. I'm hardly looking for encouragement.

I'm Scottish.

You know you're struggling when your best argument is 'aye but we're better than Scotland'.

Which argument is that?

This all started by quite a vocal Scotland fan saying 'Qualifying is a bigger achievement than Leicester winning the league it seems'.

Absolutely nobody said that, or anything of the sort. It's now grown arms and legs into making up the numbers 8 times is better than actually making an impact twice.

Couldn't care less, I'm perfectly fine with us not qualifying. I think we had a tough group and were aiming for a play off. A play off which would've been a 50/50. I'm quite content with how the Scotland team done unlike others.

When was the last time they qualified? 86 for their one and only? Pretty sure nobody is bothered in the slightest over TFS qualifying record, Scotland's is quite good. Brilliant in comparison to theirs actually. ;)

Fooling nobody, posted through tears :lol:

Which argument is that?

This all started by quite a vocal Scotland fan saying 'Qualifying is a bigger achievement than Leicester winning the league it seems'.

Absolutely nobody said that, or anything of the sort. It's now grown arms and legs into making up the numbers 8 times is better than actually making an impact twice.

The argument against extending the competition to include also-rans. 

I should have quoted.

Which argument is that?

It was tongue in cheek by the way. I obviously do not actually think NI qualifying from a 6 team group over 10 games is more of an acheivenent than Leicester winning the league.

Just to clear that up. :P

Northern Ireland boosting the argument against the extension of a previously elite competition to 24 teams. Adding nothing.

That's nonsense. If there was no extension NI would have still made it. The won their group.

Looking at it, if we had all group winners and best runner up the following would be there...

France, England, NI, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Czech Rep and Austria, Italy, Romania* and Slovakia*.

those on the chopping block due to playoffs would have been...

Wales, Iceland, Switzerland, Russia, Croatia, Poland and Albania and Turkey**

Leaving the teams certain to miss out as ROI, Ukraine, Sweden, Hungary.

* top 2 runner ups

** best third.

The World Cup also has it's also rans , should that be cut down aswell?

With several confederations feeding into that competition it's less clear.

But there was nothing wrong with a 16 team Euros. The elite of Europe squaring off against each other in a more straight forward format.

For the record, I'd prefer a 16 team competition without Scotland compared to a 24 team effort that included them.

With several confederations feeding into that competition it's less clear.

But there was nothing wrong with a 16 team Euros. The elite of Europe squaring off against each other in a more straight forward format.

For the record, I'd prefer a 16 team competition without Scotland compared to a 24 team effort that included them.

Which this year would have still included Northern Ireland.

Archived