FIFA 17

ajwffc

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logged in for the first time in a while after getting fed up with it recently. Got a couple of packs to open from the last weekend league I entered, foolishly had a bit of hope that I might actually get a decent player.

Pack 1; best player was Lille RB, 77rated. Also got 3 badges. Who gives a f**k

Pack 2; 80 LM from Villarreal and 2 78 La Liga wingers, not bad if I was aiming for a completely mediocre Spanish team. Also got a pack within that pack.

Bonus pack; Dahoud from Moenchengladbach. The single rare item was a fitness boost.

Anyone that puts money into packs is a fucking mug

Is there anyone IF/Special worth squeezing in to a Scottish themed squad? I've got SBC Griffiths , IF Fraser and Considine and bidding on IF Phillips so far.

Was saving for Marco Reus for my German squad but have decided that that's not going to happen, so I'll just fire it all into this one

Anyone have squads on Ultimate that they really struggle against? For me it's got to be Seria A or whatever its called now. I have a fairly decent EPL Team (Cech, Azpilicueta, Kompany, Smalling, Walker, Kante, Sterling. Ozil, Willian, Lukaku, Costa) but simply fold like a deck of cards everytime I come up against Seria A teams no matter how good or bad the team is. It's been the same since Fifa 14 so I'm starting to think its a psychological problem. :(

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone have squads on Ultimate that they really struggle against? For me it's got to be Seria A or whatever its called now. I have a fairly decent EPL Team (Cech, Azpilicueta, Kompany, Smalling, Walker, Kante, Sterling. Ozil, Willian, Lukaku, Costa) but simply fold like a deck of cards everytime I come up against Seria A teams no matter how good or bad the team is. It's been the same since Fifa 14 so I'm starting to think its a psychological problem. :(

Do you change your tactics mid-game? I float between a 4321 and a 4231 wide depending on who I play against. Once I see their team and give the game a bit of time I change accordingly (I have the 4321 on 'normal' and the 4231 on 'counter attack'). I think it does make a big difference. The 4231 is particularly good at pace whores who play a narrow formation and drive through the middle constantly, plus it gives you a decent chance of exploiting the wide areas.

21 hours ago, deej said:

Is there anyone IF/Special worth squeezing in to a Scottish themed squad? I've got SBC Griffiths , IF Fraser and Considine and bidding on IF Phillips so far.

Was saving for Marco Reus for my German squad but have decided that that's not going to happen, so I'll just fire it all into this one

I'd try and do the McCormack squad builder if you have the coins. You will get tonnes of packs, some coins back and a really decent special card (a Hunter card would work wonders with him). If you are not bothered about straying a little then in terms of the Scottish Premiership the second IF Sinclair is quite cheap and the IF Dembele is a decent silver card.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I have Candreva and Muriel from those players. Got a decent team atm. I'll post it later.

I packed Bent, Agbonlahor and Sirigu but sold them all as I have no use for them. Ended up with Blaszczykowski too but I've kept him (don't really use him though).

I've pretty much settled on my team for the remainder of FIFA (unless I have stupid luck and get any TOTS players in packs). Got my weekly rewards and monthly tonight so will see what I get. 

I got 85 IF Marcos Alonso in my TOTW pack from doing the Marquee Matchups, which is brilliant for me as I've already been using the 83 version in one of my teams. A welcome upgrade.

I've sold my main man the 88 IF Icardi as I noticed I've got an untradeable Dybala in my club so I might as well use him instead. 

150k coins left, don't think I'll change my teams until the TOTS cards come out.  Hoping there will be a couple of cheap midfielders for the EPL.

How many coins did he take to get? I'd quite like him and Griffiths up front.

I ended up with 100k left having started with 240k. So about 170k something like that.

Farted about with it last night and think I'm going to go for a hybrid with EPL players as my defence. My defence is cutting cut open too often even though I think Paterson is probably my favourite player given that he bodies everything that gets near him.

I've now got going forward; IF Phillips, IF Fraser, SBC Griffiths, SBC McCormack (converted to CAM) and IF Sinclair as an ST.

I've had really decent luck with packs recently and my stockpiling of players has meant that I have been able to do pretty much all the SBCs without much effort. I also ended up making nearly 250,000 last night by selling Russian league players (Russian nationality golds are selling for about 10,000 each).

This is my current squad fir this weekend's FUT Champions - 

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 10.16.09.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 10.16.21.png

Edit - The best purchase I have made was the Higuain OTW, he is ridiculous. With him and Gio upfront and Thiago in behind as a late substitution it works a charm. I don't actually like the 87 Mane, he hasn't really done it for me so I will probably sell him with TOTS coming up. If I am protecting a lead then the three CMs come on to run riot.

Edit 2 - I actually don't like the 92 Lewandowski either, I've had him for a few days and tried him out in about 7 or 8 games but he doesn't really click for me. Pity he is untradeable.

f**k me, I'd take any of you boys teams in a heart beat. I sold the majority of my German team, didn't really have anyone noteable in it and got the Griffiths SBC.

I've got a front three of IF Sinclair, SBC Griffiths and IF Zaha in a 4321 formation. Tried an EPL team in behind that as I've got an untraceable Smalling but I just can't click with it as the midfield is shite.

Struggling where to go from here.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

f**k me, I'd take any of you boys teams in a heart beat. I sold the majority of my German team, didn't really have anyone noteable in it and got the Griffiths SBC.

I've got a front three of IF Sinclair, SBC Griffiths and IF Zaha in a 4321 formation. Tried an EPL team in behind that as I've got an untraceable Smalling but I just can't click with it as the midfield is shite.

Struggling where to go from here.

How about this?

fbe999858b3ff76aafed39809993fee4.jpg

Haven't used Lallana myself, or 83 Kante, but Kante's 81 base card was excellent for me and Lallana's stats look pretty good. Can has been good for me any time I've used him. Would swap Kante and Can once in-game to preserve full chemistry but have the anchoring midfielder through the middle.

If you wanted to ditch the BPL theme altogether, then I'd recommend a Serie (Calcio) A team - some cracking players in there for bargain prices. Manolas is my favourite CB in the game and he costs about 5k, Cuadrado similar as a RF.

Archived