Premier League 2016-2017

makes a dece point about posters moaning about their failed bets though

True. That doesn't deflect from the fact that he's got himself into a bit of a state over people talking about football on a football forum.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can Danny Murphy on motd say that the Vardy tackle wasn't a red card? It's a stone wall red card everyday of the week nowadays!

Yeh pretty much. Weird that they showed rojo's which he said was rightly criticised even though it looked much less dangerous.

Yeh pretty much. Weird that they showed rojo's which he said was rightly criticised even though it looked much less dangerous.

Think it's abit of "them cheating foreigners" type chat from motd. Darent criticise an England player.

98Y0Jx.gif

"Its actually a great tackle", "its not two footed", "I'd have been surprised if it was even a yellow"

Absolute morons Murphy and Jenas, if Diego Costa done that they'd be condemning him

7 minutes ago, spud131 said:

How can Danny Murphy on motd say that the Vardy tackle wasn't a red card? It's a stone wall red card everyday of the week nowadays!

Was it him or Jenas who claimed that Vardy won the ball?

There was no force in the challenge so the player wasn't exactly in danger of a serious injury tbf.

That's not the criteria for a red card tho is it? More to do whether it is reckless or whether he is in full control which I'd suggest he's not since he has both feet off the ground.

5 minutes ago, spud131 said:

That's not the criteria for a red card tho is it? More to do whether it is reckless or whether he is in full control which I'd suggest he's not since he has both feet off the ground.

Serious foul play is defined as:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, side or behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play"

Based on that I'd say it's a harsh red card.

I think it's maybe a tad harsh but by the laws add they stand that is a red card.

The 'analysis' on motd was embarrassing. Same with the penalty. It's a clear penalty. Absolute muppet in the studio arguing his hand was in a natural position? f**k sake.

This programme is pretty pish now.

I think it's maybe a tad harsh but by the laws add they stand that is a red card.

The 'analysis' on motd was embarrassing. Same with the penalty. It's a clear penalty. Absolute muppet in the studio arguing his hand was in a natural position? f**k sake.

This programme is pretty pish now.

The pudits are absolutely w**k. Bad times when you long for the days of lawrenson and hansen. I have no idea how that Kermit the frog sounding motherfucker, Mark Chapman manages to get so many gigs

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

Rojo's was way worse IMO.

I think Vardy's is probably a red card by the common consensus on the interpretation of the rules (i.e. the control of the situation and being able to put the brakes on) but I do feel a bit sorry for him. He is being challenged and has had his body forced into an unnatural position and has attempted to play the ball with studs down and with some sort of control. The ferocity and speed he did it was probably a bit much but I wouldn't say there was anything malicious about it and there was an attempt to play football.

Rojo's against Everton had no composure attached to it whatsoever and was much more dangerous (studs up and more of a 50/50) than Vardy's.

Seeing it from different angles I can see where you're coming from but, whilst I agree that it's not as bad as Rojo's at Everton as I first thought, I don't agree he was hard done to. 

Archived