What do you call crazy golf?

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DA Baracus, on 17 Jun 2016 - 16:06, said:

'Putt putt'?!

Give me the number for ISIS

It was more than likely Mr Bairn that completely made it up tbh, like all of the other bullshit things he claims people says to him.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly related story.

One night I was in a party in Glasgow with another guy from Ayrshire.  We were telling people in the party that in Ayrshire we would refer to golf as "gowf".  I'm pretty sure this is a popular slang for golf in other places in Scotland too. Me and the boy in question ( and the party in question ) had all taken plenty of happy pills this night and this pronunciation of "gowf" brought much hilarity to those around us in the kitchen where we had located ourselves.  Some then asked what we would call Mini-Golf to which we replied "Crazy Gowf!"  and again laughter ensued.

So we had taken a good few E's at this party and after the laughter of our accents had stopped me and said guy walked back through to the living room.  On the way through the hall the boy suddenly stopped dead and said "what the f**k were we talking about there?".  Now anyone who has taken some E's will know that to forget a conversation either straight after it or indeed half way through it is not something new but I was on the ball on this occasion: "We were talking about crazy Gowf mate".

The boy then replied with - what the f**k is crazy gowf?  From there it seemed like a lifetime as the two of us stood in hall trying to work out what crazy gowf was, what gowf was, what golf is and then the whole dynamics of the sport of golf.  None of us had a fucking clue.

Eventually, probably about 30 seconds later, we worked it out and went back about our lives.

Drugs are mental.

I call crazy golf "crazy golf" and I call mini golf "mini golf", seeing as they're two different things.

"Putt putt" is as ridiculous as "eggy dip dip."

I still refuse to believe anyone over the age of 5 would even consider using the words eggy dip dip.

Archived