Iceland vs Hungary

lichtie23

You will go thought with 5 pts

I wasn't talking about the next game. They would've probably have gone through if they won today. They're now faced with a greatly reduced chance of going through. I'm sure they wouldn't have been caring that they may have faced Belgium in the next round if they won today.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. This country is obsessed with referees and puts more pressure on them. With less pressure, a referee can be better.

I'm a fan of supporters here in general but we're absolute c***s to refs.

You can blame the media for that. They have so much time to fill they started examining everything in minute detail from numerous angles, helping to undermine refs. Fans basically just copy what the tv tells them.

Austria will be out of the tournament by the time they play each other if they lose tonight.

Iceland still in with a good shout.

Aye, I keep forgetting about the third place qualifiers too.

Tony Livesey you are thinking of?attachicon.gif1466275684348.jpg

That's the one. So it was him? Blimey.

Last I heard, he'd quit the Sport to try his hand at TV. Guess it's working out pretty well if he's filling in for Gary Lineker.

Having a look at potential third places in group A Romania have 1 point but Albania still to play so likely 4 points (with Switzerland on 4 or more depending on their result against France)

Group B could go a few ways, but based on most likely results it would seem that either Wales or Slovakia will finish on 3 points.

Group C would most likely leave Northern Ireland on 3 points unless they get a surprise result against Germany.

Group D Czech Republic are on 1 point, but have the weakest team in the group (Turkey) to play. A Czech win would leave them on 4 points, a draw on 2.

Group E has both Sweden and Ireland on one point, who have Belgium and Italy to play respectively. So barring any upsets third place will likely finish on a maximum of 2 points.

Then Group F. Iceland draw and they end up on 3 points.

If this is enough for them to finish third and results in other games then they will be above whoever finishes third in group E but bellow Romanian and the Czech Republic. That would leave three teams (most likely Iceland, Northern Ireland and Wales or Slovakia) on three points. With the impact of goal difference though this should be enough for Iceland as Wales/Slovakia if they both lose (and thus finish with the expected 3 points) would end up on negative goal difference whilst Iceland would obviously end up with a goal difference of 0. Northern Ireland meanwhile would have a maximum goal difference of 0 if they finish on three points, but potentially less depending on how they do against Germany.

Obviously a lot of ifs and buts, but if everything does go as expected (which it probably won't!) then a draw should be enough, assuming this draw is enough to get them into third, which it might not be if Austria win today and Portugal beat Hungary.

Last I heard, he'd quit the Sport to try his hand at TV. Guess it's working out pretty well if he's filling in for Gary Lineker.

He's done a fair bit of tv and radio work for BBC North West, BBC Manchester and 5Live. I like him.

That was Mark Chapman in the studio,they both present on 5live.

He's done a fair bit of tv and radio work for BBC North West, BBC Manchester and 5Live. I like him.

Huh. Good for him. Bit of a change from underage tits and WWII fighters on the moon.

That was Mark Chapman in the studio,they both present on 5live.

Ah. Carry on, then   :P

Archived