Central District 1st Div ... 2016/17

tambothejambo

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

That kinda suggests that your earlier tips ..the ones that I obviously missed ..were better,jb.:1eye Anyhoo,as I seem to have ruffled yer feathers ( I never thought for a minute that your selections were meant to be taken seriously*) I shall respond to your challenge by posting on Friday morning,a confident fitba treble and a tentative selection that will,hopefully,show its rivals a clean set of hooves at Fontwell on Friday.:)

*snigger*

That sounds very much like a challenge! I love those!

How about we formalise it with a head to head charity bet? Loser gives to the charity of the winners choice?

Unless you're feart?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the interest appears to be on the top three teams in the Division at the moment and understandable so..

However I think Stephen Mooney and Stevie Dallas at Greenock Juniors deserve  a special wee mention and pat on the back for their players recent results winning 4 games on the bounce. Especially when you consider the problems the club is currently facing off the field it's a credit to the manager and their players that they have continued to focus and work hard to climb to a decent mid table position.

Hopefully the club is able to sort out its problems and to continue to have a team representung Greenock in the Junior league for many years to come. 

Can anyone throw any further light on the current and future situation who us associated with the club? 

30 minutes ago, bobbythompson1 said:

All the interest appears to be on the top three teams in the Division at the moment and understandable so..

However I think Stephen Mooney and Stevie Dallas at Greenock Juniors deserve  a special wee mention and pat on the back for their players recent results winning 4 games on the bounce. Especially when you consider the problems the club is currently facing off the field it's a credit to the manager and their players that they have continued to focus and work hard to climb to a decent mid table position.

Hopefully the club is able to sort out its problems and to continue to have a team representung Greenock in the Junior league for many years to come. 

Can anyone throw any further light on the current and future situation who us associated with the club? 

I have noticed Greenocks good form (been keeping an eye on all remaining future Candy opponents) and they seem to be hitting the form, i expected from them all season.

Can you expand on the problems, i wasnt aware of any goings ons that would hinder the club. Financial:?

Gave us two of our hardest games this season. Glad we don't have them in the run in.

Some kind of problem with the Council and hire charges???? Hopefully common sense prevails and things get sorted.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

That sounds very much like a challenge! I love those!

How about we formalise it with a head to head charity bet? Loser gives to the charity of the winners choice?

Unless you're feart?

No jimbo,I'm not feart.I am though,just a bit concerned and mildly surprised that after your recent wee tiff with a fellow Talbot fan and your suggestion that Long Time Lurker was sending love letters to another Junior poster:1eye,you're now issuing a challenge based on your ability to pick winners on a Junior coupon.Are you sure you're ok bud? :huh:

Of course if you want a head to head bet we can match trebles (including midweek games when they begin) until the end of the season and finish with bonus points for a correct score in the Scottish final and,rather than a charity bet,if you win I will (just before I take a heeder from the Bothwell Brig) send you a copy of the Calm book,by M.A.Smith.

Anything of a similar value will be just fine for me in the event that I should triumph in this contest,jimbo.  :)

ETA And none of your 1/5 and 1/7 nonsense,jb!  :lol:

On 27/03/2017 at 16:47, ScottMcCorry said:

I have noticed Greenocks good form (been keeping an eye on all remaining future Candy opponents) and they seem to be hitting the form, i expected from them all season.

Can you expand on the problems, i wasnt aware of any goings ons that would hinder the club. Financial:?

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/15180639.Greenock_Juniors_served_up_fresh_blow_in_survival_fight/ 

Maybe some good Junior folk out there who aren't busy and fancy a night out to hear a couple of Legends in their own ways and for different reasons :-P.  

Im sure the chairman would welcome you all with open arms. We need to look after and support all our fellow Junior clubs if we possibly can especially those rhat need help. You know it makes sense to keep our game alive.

Saw the larkhall v roch highlights. And once again a very fortunate penalty against a title rival gives them a massive opportunity to stay in the race. Two in two for larkhall, referees aren't half having their say in games this season with regards to the ghost goal wishaw never got v benburb, roch getting the replay v wishaw and lesmahagow and neilston game being replayed .

Horrendous standard of refereeing this season

When Larkhall got the penalty they were on top and I thought it was just a matter of time before they scored. Perhaps a draw was a good result as they then fell back and we got back in top again? The penalty looked soft but to be honest there wasn't much complaining amongst the fans. I'm not one to buy conspiracy theories anyway although a CRangers fan thinking there is a Larkhall bias might amuse some!! [emoji23] The teams are good enough without the ref's help and whoever can keep scoring will go up. And as for the Wishae replay..... ask Spud about it

On 29/03/2017 at 14:30, bobbythompson1 said:

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/15180639.Greenock_Juniors_served_up_fresh_blow_in_survival_fight/ 

Maybe some good Junior folk out there who aren't busy and fancy a night out to hear a couple of Legends in their own ways and for different reasons :-P.  

Im sure the chairman would welcome you all with open arms. We need to look after and support all our fellow Junior clubs if we possibly can especially those rhat need help. You know it makes sense to keep our game alive.

Found some more info on the Greenock situation from a few weeks back 

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/15099557.Greenock_Juniors_chairman_fears_club_will_fold/

Hopefully local folk will get behind them and try and support them in whatever way they can.  Equally it would be great if folk go along to watch them in their remaining home games. 

Just a wee thought given that Greenock Juniors have probably been a feeder club over the years with undoubtedly a lot of the best local boys going to many of the bigger junior clubs in the Ayrshire and Central divisions,  is there any chance or possibility that some of these bigger clubs may have a free date during the remaining two months of the season would consider a match against Greenock to help boost their funds and their survival prospects?

I guess it's a bit of a long shot and may not be logistically possible with Greenocks own fixture run in but surely worth consideration if its at all possible and would hope there would be at least one or more kind hearted Junior club out there willing to offer a potential date. 

With Andy Ritchie apparently keen to help the club out, perhaps he would be able to come along and make a wee cameo appearance for Greenock to show the public what he was all about in his legendary Morton days. Just bring Andy on for the free kicks and corners and he could always ask Alan Rough to come along too now that would be special to pay and see for a lot of folk and not just Greenock ones. Ah well maybe just day dreaming now but we also live to dream too. 

Another disgusting performance from a referee in the cambuslang v wishaw today. Honestly where do they get these guys? Horrendous. Well done to cambuslang and wishaw for actually shaking his hand after the match.

Why what happened? What was the score ?

Why what happened? What was the score ?

Just a constant line of terrible decisions for both teams , booking players for nothing the cambuslang sending off after 20 minutes was terrible . Completely guessing at offside calls a few wishaw will feel aggrieved by I'm sure !

Just a constant line of terrible decisions for both teams , booking players for nothing the cambuslang sending off after 20 minutes was terrible . Completely guessing at offside calls a few wishaw will feel aggrieved by I'm sure !

Just the norm then lol [emoji23]

Didn't get sent off after 20 mins think it may have been more the 40 mark but yeah I can see your grievance cause it was soft. Why not talk about your teams excellent performance though and how they done really well with 10 men and deserved their win??

Didn't get sent off after 20 mins think it may have been more the 40 mark but yeah I can see your grievance cause it was soft. Why not talk about your teams excellent performance though and how they done really well with 10 men and deserved their win??

Your right I should focus more on the positives of Cambuslang's performance today but driving home I couldn't get over the referee so felt the need to vent it on here. Enjoyed the competitiveness over the 3 games this season v wishaw and every game has had a different story to it!

Well glad to see that you don't wish to have a go at us this week for whatever reason you seen fit! All the best in the next round Geo you's more than deserved your win today!

Archived