Groups E and F: The Final Countdown

jagfox

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really aren't though, are they?

They are.

Like I said in the other thread who would they want from us? Fletcher or Morrison maybe, Ritchie?

Even keeper wise they're probably on a par and that's our strongest area.

Coleman, O Shea, Clark, Brady, McCarthy, Long would all walk into our team. We're fucking pish, why we seem to think we're so much better than Ireland is anyone's guess. We have Grant Hanley and Russell Martin at centre half, Alan Hutton atRB, a Watford LB is our most dangerous player and our main man last campaign is a guy who couldn't get a game at Hull.

Why would you want to play for a country other than the one you are from? My family are Danish/English but I wouldn't dream of playing for anyone apart from Scotland.

People have different concepts of nationality/identity. I could theoretically play for England, Nigeria or Ireland, and I'd be equally happy to represent England or Nigeria. I don't really feel any particular affinity with Ireland though.

I've occasionally wondered if I'd be good enough to play cricket or rugby for Nigeria, or find a sport that they don't play and form a national team. :lol:

They are.

Like I said in the other thread who would they want from us? Fletcher or Morrison maybe, Ritchie?

Even keeper wise they're probably on a par and that's our strongest area.

Coleman, O Shea, Clark, Brady, McCarthy, Long would all walk into our team. We're fucking pish, why we seem to think we're so much better than Ireland is anyone's guess. We have Grant Hanley and Russell Martin at centre half, Alan Hutton atRB, a Watford LB is our most dangerous player and our main man last campaign is a guy who couldn't get a game at Hull.

I think you might have an argument somewhere, but neither of those players would be in the Scotland team.  Darren Randolph wouldn't either.

Still, this is another thread that doesn't need a comparison with Scotland!

Archived