Football League 2016-17

The fixtures will be announced at 9am today for this league, which I think we can all agree is the original and best league in English football.

Expect attendance records to be smashed up and down the country as Aston Villa, the Only Show in Town, arrive in the league they founded.

Apparently there is a league above this, but I don't think anyone cares about that anymore.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opening televised fixtures:

Fulham v Newcastle on Friday night.

QPR v Leeds followed by Wednesday v Villa on the Sunday.

See you at Hillsborough pal

Tough start to the season 2 relagated teams to start off with then Burton who got promoted last season. Lovely trip to Newcastle though on Boxing Day

Always a chance it'll be moved to an even less convenient day.

I love Fulham away too, even though we never win there. We've got them on Bank Holiday Monday. No doubt it'll be moved to a Tuesday night or some such shite.

Always a chance it'll be moved to an even less convenient day.

I love Fulham away too, even though we never win there. We've got them on Bank Holiday Monday. No doubt it'll be moved to a Tuesday night or some such shite.

It's the Friday night season opener, so it's set in stone. A summer Friday evening on the banks of the river...

I suppose my fiancee would be unlikely to be happy with me flying in on the morning of the ceremony.

It's the English Football League from next season. This must be about the first time England have lowered themselves to use their own county's name in one of their own competitions.

Steven Fletcher linked with Sheffield Wednesday as well as Grant Hanley. Don't rate Fletcher but could be a good signing for championship level as for Hanley think rumours are 5 million are what Blackburn are wanting which maybe abit too much for us to pay but I would love him to join the club he would be a fantastic signing and a good pairing with Tommy Lees at the back.

Archived