East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad you enjoyed your visit, Billy Henderson was part of our first few seasons in Junior football, he even had a spell managing us. Were you at the Bankies first ever Junior Cup game? that was over on our old ground behind the enclosure, in 2003.

No.10 was Danny Campbell and he did have a good game. Thought the first half was fairly even and uneventful, but second half we got a grip of the game and ended up deserved winners. They are a big strong team, but they seem to rely too much on big diagonal balls to their front men and long throw-ins for their giants to feed off. I wonder if Callum Elliot learned that at Hearts! Their No.14 was a giant, but in this league they'll win more than they'll lose.

I was at that cup game - think Brian Smillie scored for Blackburn? Missed the 4-3 replay win for Blackburn as I was in Tenerife! [emoji23]

Wasn't able to make Bankies game today so headed along to watch this one today as I live just down the road. Not a great game but Blackburn were well worth the points - Edinburgh were poor and resorted to long balls for much of the game and their midfield was virtually anonymous. Thought Blackburn's #10 had a fine game.

Smashing set up at New Murrayfield Park and a fantastic match day programme - well done to all involved in its production- was nice to see my old PE teacher Billy Henderson in the team photo from 80-81!

All the best to Blackburn for the rest of the season!

I'd probably have to agree that it wasn't a great game but that's probably down to unrealistic expectations. I witness mostly SPFL Premier League games - but this is Junior football. South Division Junior football. The games I witness at this level aren't always great, but this was a good game. In fact, very good.....and pleasingly the best team won.

Like you, I live pretty close by and although I dip my toe only sporadically in the Junior pond, when I do it's mostly for a Blackburn game. With great facilities that some (most?) teams in the Region could only dream about, walking into New Murrayfield Park (Dem-master Community Stadium according to their sign?) gives a nod to the professionalism this grade should aim for but most forgo in preference to lining players pockets. It's undoubtedly a place I would happily take my kids to watch a game - and, in fact, I did with one of them on this occasion.

For a period of 20 minutes or more in the second half Blackburn were better by far than anything I've seen at this level for quite some time. Can they keep it up? Well, there's the million dollar question!

8 hours ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

I was at that cup game - think Brian Smillie scored for Blackburn? Missed the 4-3 replay win for Blackburn as I was in Tenerife! emoji23.png

It was indeed, (Brian is a big part of the Community club coaching set-up now) and the replay at Yoker I think was 2-2 going into extra time with 10 men, but we went 4-2 up with Bankies getting a third with the last kick of the ball. That was in the days we had a local radio station River FM who reported live from the game lol

16 hours ago, number4 said:

No mate I have moved on to Dundonald, no offence to yourself but Rosyth have still got a really good team and was genuinely surprised with the score ,I know you have picked up from last season but didn't see a 6 nil result in this game,after this result you must be thinking your a title contender

Where you the big geordie  defender that played last season.He was a crackling player and a few of our guys were glad to see he wasn't in the team.

22 hours ago, number4 said:

No mate I have moved on to Dundonald, no offence to yourself but Rosyth have still got a really good team and was genuinely surprised with the score ,I know you have picked up from last season but didn't see a 6 nil result in this game,after this result you must be thinking your a title contender

I espected a tougher game with maybe a 2 o 3.0 win.They never gave up though we had two or three chances to score again.Rosyth should have been down to ten men as their defender tipped the ball round the post for a corner.When we did finally make the  breakthrough we scored twice but our keeper pulled off 2 fantastic saves.The second half we scored 4 more one from the penalty spot as this time the ref saw the defender handball on the line who was sent off for it.The big keeper did really well today and will be delighted with the clean sheet.

You're surely no talking about Saturday[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 corners 1 gift from keeper 1 free kick, and a pen

Livingston could not deal with the set plays, however played the better football and controlled the full game.. but that's football,

Livingston could not deal with the set plays, however played the better football and controlled the full game.. but that's football,

To completely control a game and concede 5 goals is some going mate.

Have you's signed Efe Ambrose?

What a slaver man. We missed at least 8 proper good chances[emoji23]

Do more controlling of your players anger issues

1 hour ago, Thewhitepele said:

What a slaver man. We missed at least 8 proper good chancesemoji23.png

Do more controlling of your players anger issues

Lol this coming from the team who were a gang last season and your player trying to wreck a dugout at  Blackburn after bring sent off.

Archived