The Scottish-English border post independence

Says someone who has probably never even left his village.

have you ever been to Carter Bar? It is not a good place for wall building.

I would suggest that only a c**t would suggest a hard border with England , not that Scotland would be daft enough to vote for independence, it's all waffle.

Every post is comic genius McWalloper

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on how the UK negotiates exit. Don't put it past Boris to get a Swiss style exit that leaves the UK in pretty much the same place on immigration and accepting EU law.

The final deal has to be ratified by Parliament. Pro-EU MPs in all parties could vote to impose those conditions on the next PM and his government. 55% of Conservative MPs supported Remain.

The referendum result was just the start of the Brexit battle, a key point that even the EU has missed. I get the impression that some countries, e.g. France and Poland, are keen to kick Britain out asap. 

I get the impression that some countries, e.g. France and Poland, are keen to kick Britain out asap. 

What have Poland said? I've heard they're worried about the £1b annual in remittances they get from the UK.

It depends on how the UK negotiates exit. Don't put it past Boris to get a Swiss style exit that leaves the UK in pretty much the same place on immigration and accepting EU law.

I'd be surprised if this isn't what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived