Caledonian leagues top players

Disco30

i would hardly say struggled 1season in the cally we got too semi of scottish and beat with a last min goal from my current club in the qttrs of the west and went on to finish 2nd in league would we have won league if not had they cup runs maybe ? Last season a good few left including myself and having still goin to watch ther games when i can and close freinds with them all they probs wernt the team of the season before but of not had 3 points deducted from what i have been told then they would have won that league. All boys would be first to admit cup runs let them down last year and probs too many ppl including coaches coming and goin. Be intresting see what they do this season but cause i know a few have left due to work and season tickets. But think they have brought a couple in. They have kept ahold of big omozick the striker who can be diff class spesh when hes fit 

Ats only what a got told a told a dnt know what happend only what i heard . way a see it anyway who ever wins a league deserves it tbh and wit joe done up harp is diff class concidering he had to start from scratch and build a team in such short time and deserves all the credit he gets plus top guy aswell  

Maybe saying struggled to get out of the division is a bit harsh, but given the fact that they got to the semis of the scottish, have a decent reputation in the game and have some quality in the team, you would think that they would be able to get out of the 1st division. If they dont get out this year i question if they ever will. Their better players will surely get fed up playing in that division?

You could say the same for teams in Central 1st Divisions also who are struggling to get out.

Caley first divisions are under rated leagues there's some good sides in there and only one team from each league can guarantee promotion. 

There's 3/4 teams who couldn't get up last season that are better than some of the dross at the bottom of the premier who hang on by the skin of their teeth each year like Gartcosh.

100% agree after tht season even though a few us left i dnt think the built on it enough or went foward as much as maybe could or should have but as a said ano a few them have left for verious reasons but core of them still ther but with teams always improving its upty them to do that also being my old team and good pals a hope they do but its football god knows what will happen lol

2 hours ago, TimMcVeigh said:

Maybe saying struggled to get out of the division is a bit harsh, but given the fact that they got to the semis of the scottish, have a decent reputation in the game and have some quality in the team, you would think that they would be able to get out of the 1st division. If they dont get out this year i question if they ever will. Their better players will surely get fed up playing in that division?

Would have to agree with that comment and they have a few really good players who could play top level amateur or junior no problem. Do u watch any teams in particular or just take in games that pop up mate ?

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

You could say the same for teams in Central 1st Divisions also who are struggling to get out.

Caley first divisions are under rated leagues there's some good sides in there and only one team from each league can guarantee promotion. 

There's 3/4 teams who couldn't get up last season that are better than some of the dross at the bottom of the premier who hang on by the skin of their teeth each year like Gartcosh.

Fair statement as well some teams in the cally premier struggle big time and the league would be more exciting if it was 2 teams from each division each year who went up. Would make the set up more exciting a bit like the super first in the juniors where each year  in that league there is very rarely a meaningless game everyone fighting for something right up till the end of the season.

Would have to agree with that comment and they have a few really good players who could play top level amateur or junior no problem. Do u watch any teams in particular or just take in games that pop up mate ?

I'm local to greenfield so I get down and watch as many games as possible. Division 1b in the Caley this year will be extremely tough, probably as competitive a division as there is in the country. I just dunno if broomhouse have what it takes to get out of it.....unless the have added some quality. I'm a fan of the boys div up top and the lad in the middle of the park....mark?

Agree with that lot of decent teams in that division this year , big captain for them can be decent as well lacks a bit of pace but good in the air and solid. Some areas need strengthened right enough do they have any fresh faces in ?

I couldn't tell you disco, until I get along to watch them. I'm looking forward to seeing how thorn cope in the Premier given how they performed in their league last season and how they won the play off final against harp, who are no walkover themselves.

Will be a hard ask as the central league is by a good bit the strongest league in the amateur game without a doubt and teams like shortlees hurlford goldenhill Oban saints and leven as well who made the final last year plus craigshill from the east all top quality sides but think a few cally teams could surprise a lot of people this year.

Archived