Italian Football Thread

Kris.

6 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Second leg scores (after 90 mins):

Reggiana 1-2 Livorno - extra time being played, Reggiana have just made it 2-2.

Alessandria 0-0 Lecce - extra time played, no-one scored. Has gone to penalties.

Lucchese-Parma and Cosenza-Pordenone kicked off at 7:30. No goals in either game yet.

The first leg of the Serie B playoff final between Carpi and Benevento also kicked off at 7:30. No goals yet. The second leg will be played on Thursday.

Alessandria win 5-4 on pens after Lecce missed their first. Baraye had put Parma ahead but Lucchese just equalised. 

Baraye has scored for Parma to make it 2-0 on aggregate.

Alessandria win 5-4 on penalties to knock out Lecce, who were probably favourites to win the playoffs.

As I type this, Lucchese have just equalised through D'Auria. Parma still lead 2-1 on aggregate.

*edit* Kris got there first.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen
Runner-up

9 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Baraye has scored for Parma to make it 2-0 on aggregate.

Alessandria win 5-4 on penalties to knock out Lecce, who were probably favourites to win the playoffs.

As I type this, Lucchese have just equalised through D'Auria. Parma still lead 2-1 on aggregate.

*edit* Kris got there first.

8)

Parma are winning 3-2 on aggregate, though. ;) Reggiana through to face Alessandria in the SF's.

2-1 it finishes. :thumsup2 Will play Pordenone in the SF, will be tough. Pordenone drew 0-0 tonight, but the 97th minute winner in the first leg gets them through.

Will be the third and fourth meetings between the two teams this season, highlights of the previous two:

Should be plenty of goals at least!

Spalletti has verbally agreed to join Inter on a two year contract. He clearly wasn't happy at Roma so I'm not massively fussed about losing him as long as we replace him well. Some inter fans will be disappointed I'd imagine given some of the names they were originally linked with

10 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Spalletti has verbally agreed to join Inter on a two year contract. He clearly wasn't happy at Roma so I'm not massively fussed about losing him as long as we replace him well. Some inter fans will be disappointed I'd imagine given some of the names they were originally linked with

think hes a decent, experienced coach.as you say,wasnt happy at roma,if he fits in with inter they could be good for each other

The notion that Italian football is full of goalless & 1-0 games is a total myth these days.

Despite Juventus' defeat in the Champions League Final on Saturday, I do feel that the future is bright for Italian football though - Juventus, Roma, Napoli, a resurgent AC Milan & an Inter Milan side managed by Spalletti is an exciting prospect next season.

Fiorentina replace Paolo Sousa with Stefano Pioli. Two year deal with option of third. Sacked from his last four clubs. Did play for them for six years, so there's that.

Inzaghi signs a new deal with Lazio till 2020

Happy with that, second half of the season played some really good stuff. 

Looks like there might be a bit of money to spend in the summer as well, few rumours suggesting they will go for Klassen if they lose Biglia.

Hearty congratulations to the witches of Benevento on their promotion, two of the four sides who came into Serie B from Lega Pro have gone on to get promoted once again in SPAL and them.

Cittadella were knocked out in the playoffs but spare a thought for poor Pisa - relegated back to the third tier.

Promoted for the 2017-18 season are Venezia [who are well backed financially and could follow in the footsteps of SPAL and Benevento], Foggia and Cremonese with the fourth berth to be filled with the playoffs winner, which will be one of Alessandria, Parma, Pordenone or Reggiana.

The playoff ties kick off this weekend with Alessandria facing Reggiana and Parma meeting Pordenone. Usual rules apply with the higher placed team advancing if the scores are level on aggregate.