Cowdenbeath v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

TheScarf

2 hours ago, CowdenConvert said:

When you're up against officiating like that you have no chance. The only way he could have helped ICT out more was sending one of ours off.

Expected to lose but not like that.

CJ getting more composed with age as well :lol:

You change your team completely, get excited about the new season and end up with an idiot like that in charge of your first meaningful game. Isn't it about time we got rid of the lot of them. No wonder Scottish football is in such a poor state.

And  as for CJ, how does he even get on the bench never mind on the park? Our new manager has gone down in my estimation.

The team did well, that's a top half premier league side. Maybe not the most exciting team in the world but big, strong, solid side.

When big 5 took out Renton that's an obvious yellow. The ref has bottled it big time as he was on a booking. 10 mins later the big guy scores a header from a set piece.

cheers ref, no wonder you get pelters from the fans. 

The team did well, that's a top half premier league side. Maybe not the most exciting team in the world but big, strong, solid side.

When big 5 took out Renton that's an obvious yellow. The ref has bottled it big time as he was on a booking. 10 mins later the big guy scores a header from a set piece.

cheers ref, no wonder you get pelters from the fans. 

Did well and put in a good shift in horrid conditions.

ICT were the better team but that was a brutal decision and not the only iffy call. Against 10 men with the wind in our favour who knows what would have happened.

Good to get a win but that was hard going at points today. I thought we were relatively solid at the back save for the goal we conceded. Didn't look too hot going forward. Thought Cowdenbeath looked pretty tidy. Referee was rancid. We got a lot of very soft free kicks and Warren probably should have been sent off. Still a fair bit of work to be done with the team under Foran but hopefully that will come with time.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Good to get a win but that was hard going at points today. I thought we were relatively solid at the back save for the goal we conceded. Didn't look too hot going forward. Thought Cowdenbeath looked pretty tidy. Referee was rancid. We got a lot of very soft free kicks and Warren probably should have been sent off. Still a fair bit of work to be done with the team under Foran but hopefully that will come with time.

Fair assessment mate.

was looking at your team after the game, defence and midfield solid but hadn't really heard of forwards or wasn't really impressed by them either. 

We got a couple of free kicks that were mind boggling as well but you lads have won a watch there.

The lad that came on wearing 15 looked impressive and 4 strolled it.

For us Lewis Moore on loan from Hearts at left midfield had a cracking game. He keeps that up and he'll stroll league 2

ETA McGurn given motm. Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You change your team completely, get excited about the new season and end up with an idiot like that in charge of your first meaningful game. Isn't it about time we got rid of the lot of them. No wonder Scottish football is in such a poor state.

And  as for CJ, how does he even get on the bench never mind on the park? Our new manager has gone down in my estimation.

A little harsh with regards to CJ today. I was surprised he was retained but was decent when he came on. The chance he missed came from his initial good play. He also had a couple of good link ups.

We got a couple of free kicks that were mind boggling as well but you lads have won a watch there.

For us Lewis Moore on loan from Hearts at left midfield had a cracking game. He keeps that up and he'll stroll league 2

Aye it was a toss up between McGurn and Moore for Cowden MOM. Moore looks a decent prospect.

:thumsup2

9 hours ago, silkybeath said:

A little harsh with regards to CJ today. I was surprised he was retained but was decent when he came on. The chance he missed came from his initial good play. He also had a couple of good link ups.

Nothing against the lad but he isn't a player, the chance missed at the end was ridiculous.

So many new faces but it's looking good.

15 hours ago, CowdenConvert said:

If you're talking about our guys 4 was McNaughton who seemed relatively untroubled although his passing out from the back was a bit suspect although that might be with the more direct approach we are taking under Foran compared to Hughes. 15 was Mulraney (sp?) who looked pretty tidy. Reminded me a lot of Hayes when we first signed him. Very quick, good bit of skill and the odd good cross. Again, still not quite on the same wavelength as others in the team but we can't expect the side to click right away after only a handful of games.

Still boggles my mind that Liam Fox is a manager now.

Here are the goals mentioned already. Hopefully we have a slightly longer video coming out with some more of the game.

At the time I wasn't convinced Warrens header was over the line but from the video it looks pretty clear that it was. Linesman was in no doubt as he was halfway back to the middle of the pitch before the ICT players even started appealing.

Archived