The Rise of English Nationalism

12 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Tbf. I think they were just innocent bystanders who got lost on their way to fight the good fight in Derry. The poor defenceless souls never even seen the jacobites coming.

You do know the Jacobites were Unionists right?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, thisal said:

You do know the Jacobites were Unionists right?

In other parts of Britain. But the Scottish Jacobites actually resisted The Act of Union of 1707. They refused recognition of the British Parliamentary system, but recognized the monarchs as kings of Britain.

20 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

In other parts of Britain. But the Scottish Jacobites actually resisted The Act of Union of 1707. They refused recognition of the British Parliamentary system, but recognized the monarchs as kings of Britain.

Only the bit in the act of Union about Hanoverian Succession.  Their Hierarchy were just like modern day politicians they told the plebs what they wanted to hear just to get them to follow one group of privileged few over another. It's my experience calling Scottish Nationalists Jacobites is the derogatory go to tag of a section of society who still live their life in the 18th century. According to them the Scotland is made up of The People, *****s, Jacobites and immigrants.

19 minutes ago, thisal said:

Only the bit in the act of Union about Hanoverian Succession.  Their Hierarchy were just like modern day politicians they told the plebs what they wanted to hear just to get them to follow one group of privileged few over another. It's my experience calling Scottish Nationalists Jacobites is the derogatory go to tag of a section of society who still live their life in the 18th century. According to them the Scotland is made up of The People, *****s, Jacobites and immigrants.

What is your 5 star word? I can't work it out. If you give me a hint or a couple of letters.:)

11 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

What is your 5 star word? I can't work it out. If you give me a hint or a couple of letters.:)

T41gs after googling it I found out it's a corruption of tadhg the Irish equivalent of  Timothy, but has been hijacked by the bigots.

Essex gets unfairly singled out. I'm half Essex, London born and bred and live in Warwickshire which is just as bad as Essex believe me. Sadly, many in England have been brainwashed by the divide and conquer stuff, and many of us do vote Tory to spite our faces. It's not specifically anti-Scottish but that's a part of it. The way many have been made to think about people less fortunate than themselves and immigrants, has produced a subtle hatred of outsiders which I've experienced in the midlands myself. It's not so much that you shouldn't be here, it's that it's your fault you have no family here, well it isn't but it is because it's your fault you moved here. I'm sure it's not specific to the midlands, it's just the way the media has brainwashed many people into viewing incomers.

Archived