Darvel Juniors 16/17

Thedoomed123

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kenny it needs freshened up with experienced juniors , we get a couple in we won't be far away 

You'll probably have the same problem as us. No easy getting experienced juniors to drop into ADL, unless there asking for stupid money, which just isnae worth it at our level. I still expect yous to be in the mix come the end of the season. We got fucked 5-2 fae Maybole last week then went out and humped you on Saturday, so anything can happen

Just now, Terry Tibbs said:

You'll probably have the same problem as us. No easy getting experienced juniors to drop into ADL, unless there asking for stupid money, which just isnae worth it at our level. I still expect yous to be in the mix come the end of the season. We got fucked 5-2 fae Maybole last week then went out and humped you on Saturday, so anything can happen

Tt yous deserved it but if we had scored at 3-1 at start of second half when we had a lot of the play who knows what would have happened but when the 4th one went in the heads went down and you punished us , the set up is great down here now and we are not far away but time will tell if we can get the players in 

I think too many people making too much of the result against whitletts. Darvel are a good team and probably won't defend as bad as that the rest of the season. If can get experienced players in then great but if it doesn't happen they will still have a good season. Whitletts will probably go out this weekend and get beat with the way their results have been going.

I think too many people making too much of the result against whitletts. Darvel are a good team and probably won't defend as bad as that the rest of the season. If can get experienced players in then great but if it doesn't happen they will still have a good season. Whitletts will probably go out this weekend and get beat with the way their results have been going.

Consistency has been a problem for us, but as you seen on Saturday, when we're good we'll be hard to beat. Had a terrible time with injuries so far which hasn't helped. Never known it as bad. 3 players out for a minimum of 10 weeks plus Tony hasnt been 100% since the start of preseason.

Yes it will be a difficult league but still we were shocked to lose 6-1.
We have a great squad and always on the lookout for new players for certain areas.
As was mention we went to Irvine twice and beat Meadow and the Vics so play like that again and we will be up there.

Pointing out our weakness there German? Lol

Not quite. You lost three easy goals to us thru either poor marking or poor zonal, I assume the former, but it was difficult to tell. That is often a sign off a lack of an organiser at the back and given you and your fellow Vale fans want a couple of experienced signings, I wondered if it was a one off or a trend.

I didn't comment further as one goal in six from a set piece is no indication of a problem. If it had been 3 or 4 that would have been an entirely different matter.

20 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Consistency has been a problem for us, but as you seen on Saturday, when we're good we'll be hard to beat. Had a terrible time with injuries so far which hasn't helped. Never known it as bad. 3 players out for a minimum of 10 weeks plus Tony hasnt been 100% since the start of preseason.

Whitletts are a very young team and the problem with that could be consistency! If you can get consistency then yous will go close for the league. Darvel will also be in the running as I can't see anybody repeating what Girvan did last season and go all season undefeated. Every week will be interesting this season with a lot of shock or surprise results. Darvel have a good set up which will help them succeed whether it be this season or next. 

TT you say Tony hasn't been 100% fit but it did not look as if used missed him on Saturday as the guy playing at centre forward looked a rite good player

Big Niall had a cracking game on Saturday. Picked him up from a Glesga Ammie team in the summer. Always miss Balfour, his pace causes all sorts of hassle for defenders

• 2 weeks later...

Archived