• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't necessarily disagree, but it's nonsense to write someone off having not even seen them.

We also don't need a 20 a season striker, guys like Macalister Austin are rare, and I would much rather have the likes of Ferguson, Flynn, Peaso(that's McDonald's nickname by the way), Easton, Gormley & Higgins all chipping in with 7-10 goals this season barring injuries.

To me not an unrealistic expectation having seen them regularly. and if they do, we will score more than the opponents in most games, and give ourselves a good chance.

Queens Park didn't have a prolific striker either and went up.

I'm not having a go. I feel we might need another striker and a loan signing might be the answer. If we get another striker who can score regular we will win the league

I think we have enough fire power in the squad already and i don't think scoring goals will be a problem. So much creativity in the side and so many players that have got goals in them. I thought Gormley had a good game on Saturday and just maybe with less pressure on him this season to deliver goals  compared to last season i think will only help him and maybe the goals will come. If we are still to bring in players i definitely feel we need another centre back as we seem a little light and lack height back there.

20 hours ago, Mon Da Clyde said:

Queens Park didn't have a prolific striker either and went up.

True, but not as champions.  I think we may need another striker to win the league, unless the existing forwards find scoring form they've not produced before.

Another experienced centre half would be good unless Smith steps up and is the one to organize them.  Someone has to take that role, get them operating as a unit.  If those two areas are addressed with existing or new personnel, definitely in with a strong chance of challenging for the title.        

I think we may need another striker to win the league, unless the existing forwards find scoring form they've not produced before.

Wouldn't mind landing the under 20s lad from thistle on loan. He certainly seemed to know where the net was!

True, but not as champions.  I think we may need another striker to win the league, unless the existing forwards find scoring form they've not produced before.

Another experienced centre half would be good unless Smith steps up and is the one to organize them.  Someone has to take that role, get them operating as a unit.  If those two areas are addressed with existing or new personnel, definitely in with a strong chance of challenging for the title.        

Good point

Archived