Arbroath v Berwick Rangers

Definitely take the point after Arbroath dominated for most parts of the match . Well taken goal from us.

Thought Kevin Walker had a good game and pulled off a couple of fine saves to keep us in the game . Full backs were ok but nothing great to point out . Allan walker still very slow on the ball , had one absolutely beautiful pass with the outside of his boot which reached Hamilton which was a contender for pass of the season. Notman had a solid game before being taken off for being injured I presume . Centre halves did their jobs . Thomson did his job with not much luck , had the odd pass and burst forward , Jordan sheerin very isolated up front with not a lot to work with .

But man of the match has to go to Michael McKenna who did a great job in the stands of firing up the team and getting on the ref's back throughout . Passion right there

Also well taken goal from Thomson I must add

Fair play to the handful of Berwick fans up today, but we still got to have a step up in performance levels if we want to mount a serious charge for the play offs .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kevin Haynes' Son said:

Definitely take the point after Arbroath dominated for most parts of the match . Well taken goal from us.

Thought Kevin Walker had a good game and pulled off a couple of fine saves to keep us in the game . Full backs were ok but nothing great to point out . Allan walker still very slow on the ball , had one absolutely beautiful pass with the outside of his boot which reached Hamilton which was a contender for pass of the season. Notman had a solid game before being taken off for being injured I presume . Centre halves did their jobs . Thomson did his job with not much luck , had the odd pass and burst forward , Jordan sheerin very isolated up front with not a lot to work with .

But man of the match has to go to Michael McKenna who did a great job in the stands of firing up the team and getting on the ref's back throughout . Passion right there

Also well taken goal from Thomson I must add

Fair play to the handful of Berwick fans up today, but we still got to have a step up in performance levels if we want to mount a serious charge for the play offs .

1. Kevin Walker always has a good game, best goalkeeper we have had for years.

2 Allan Walker is a fat waste of space and money, incapable of collecting a through ball unless he has a ten yard start on it and since he could not run 10 yards in the allotted 45 minutes of each half of a match this will not happen.

3. 1st match of 36 in the league and we have pass of the season already, all downhill from here then.

Coo coo...8)

Think Dunlop and Mutch could've done better at the goal but in the main I thought Dunlop did well in the game.

i hope he's not going to be turned into a "David gold style scapegoat" because of a few ropey pre season games. Need to give the guys a chance and get behind them,

Think Dunlop and Mutch could've done better at the goal but in the main I thought Dunlop did well in the game.

i hope he's not going to be turned into a "David gold style scapegoat" because of a few ropey pre season games. Need to give the guys a chance and get behind them,

Spoke to a few guys this morning at football and that seemed to be the general consensus. Maybe I'm being overly critical..!!

Still would like to see 4 at the back next week though. Hammy to LB if Dunlop is playing.

Regarding the issue of our strikers taking there chances what chances did they have yesterday maybe 1 in the first half when prutny hit it over the bar but hardly a gilt edged chance.The problem is prunty is a 6 yard box striker, doris tho is a more physical presence but in essance the same as prutny not once yesterday did they get a ball to feet in the box.Every ball up in the air so many times yesterday prutny & doris came short to get the ball to feet and were bypassed.Get the right supply to these guys and without a doubt they will score

Can add Hester to that too. All 3 good finishers. Thing is Boab and Omar have been great so far too for me, Omar's been a bit more hot and cold but to be expected with wide men. Hopefully everything clicks into place soon and the strikers start getting on the score sheet.

Just watched the extended highlights. No idea why Dunlop doesn't go long at the free-kick in the lead up to the goal. Puts unnecessary pressure on himself and the rest of the defence. Also...not sure about the commentary.

Highlights are great now love the interviews too. Work off the park the last year and a bit has been tremendous now at the stage where you can't criticise anything about the club off the pitch. Great work from everyone involved. Now let's hope we start doing the business on the park too. [emoji1360][emoji6]

Limited to knowledge from the highlights but it looks as though Walker had a good game in goal. Stirling played a pass from central midfield in the second that caught the eye, but he also looked to be being terrorised by Linn.

What was encouraging from some very in depth highlights (awful channel name, commentary that is about 20 seconds behind every piece of action also a bugbear though all credit to Arbroath for trying to put something different and decent together) was that even from those alone you could see the team working from back to front. Lot of sheerin pressing in there, lot of bodies at the back and a lot of hassling in our defensive third.

Hopefully encouraging signs. With the players finally getting a rest this midweek let's hope it sets us up nicely for a first win come Saturday.

Looking back at that 11 minutes pretty disappointed to just take a draw, had so much of the ball, Berwick very tough to break down though. Commentary is ok but feel like the guys trying a wee bit to hard to be cliche and needs to set the mic back a wee bit haha.

Archived