Cambuslang Rangers v Rutherglen Glencairn

glensmad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, back on topic, what a strike from wee Jamie Hamilton for the equaliser, it really lived up to its billing in the texts I got. He looked like he had a cracking game generally, which was interesting as he was playing on the left for us for the first time. Previously we'd seen him wide right and through the middle in pre-season.

Gerry is always fair with his highlights and they always reflect the flow of the game pretty well, so it looks like we spent most of the Match on the front foot. Hutch didn't have his best afternoon between the sticks for us, but he's a generally good and reliable goalkeeper most of the time, although he has competition for his place now unlike last season.

Both teams were missing a few players, so will only get stronger. Glencairn were without experienced players in Eadie (holiday), Neil (injured), Docherty (suspended), McGuire (wedding) and Hunter (injured).

Thank you to Gerry for getting the highlights up before bed time last night. Great work. :-)

Good game , Cambuslang looked comfortable going into the last 10 mins & should've seen the game out & it felt like a defeat at full time.

They didn't look comfortable on the video, looked like it was all Glencairn second half.

both glencairn goals should never have stood however as for the first the player who crossed the ball in had ran off to the side to get his inhaler and still had the inhaler on his hand as he crossed it, that is medical treatment and should be off the park and in the build up to the boy hamiltons fantastic strike it was a clear foul on Davidson which was not given 10 seconds later the ball is in the net.
Although I do think that glencairn deserved a point but both goals had the referee made correct decisions it would never have been

Neither of Cambuslang's goals should have counted either, as wee Messi is too small to head the ball so we didn't mark him, that's just unfair, and Davidson wasn't looking at the goal when he flicked the ball, so he confused our defenders. Just poor sportsmanship. :-P

Aye ok

:wacko:

We all see games from a different perspective at times. You appear to have seen it from a different perspective to several of your own players and management who I've spoken to since the game. They certainly didn't think Cambuslang were "comfortable", but you're entitled to your opinion.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

We all see games from a different perspective at times. You appear to have seen it from a different perspective to several of your own players and management who I've spoken to since the game. They certainly didn't think Cambuslang were "comfortable", but you're entitled to your opinion.

Yeah , your correct there  , we do indeed see the game from a different perspective.

I was actually at the game , you on the other hand weren't even in the country, but hey , you watched a few minutes of highlights which were filmed & edited by a fellow Rutherglen fan who had carte Blanche regarding what he puts on the Internet for all to see & you come on here implying that your team were the better team , should've won blah blah etc  

If I remember correctly you done the same exactly a year ago when we beat you in your own backyard in a game which again , you were out the country & obviously didn't attend & you were on here saying words to the effect of 'going by the highlights we were the better team , didn't deserve to lose etc. This game was also filmed & edited by the same fellow Rutherglen fan.  

Your team done well to salvage a point yesterday. It was a good , open entertaining game. Both teams played well in spells & we move on.  You seem offended & irate that Cambuslang had the audacity to have played well against your team & you seem to be attempting to be claiming some sort of moral victory.  

You didn't beat us again , big deal , let it go.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday  

3 hours ago, blue manalishi said:

Yeah , your correct there  , we do indeed see the game from a different perspective.

I was actually at the game , you on the other hand weren't even in the country, but hey , you watched a few minutes of highlights which were filmed & edited by a fellow Rutherglen fan who had carte Blanche regarding what he puts on the Internet for all to see & you come on here implying that your team were the better team , should've won blah blah etc  

If I remember correctly you done the same exactly a year ago when we beat you in your own backyard in a game which again , you were out the country & obviously didn't attend & you were on here saying words to the effect of 'going by the highlights we were the better team , didn't deserve to lose etc. This game was also filmed & edited by the same fellow Rutherglen fan.  

Your team done well to salvage a point yesterday. It was a good , open entertaining game. Both teams played well in spells & we move on.  You seem offended & irate that Cambuslang had the audacity to have played well against your team & you seem to be attempting to be claiming some sort of moral victory.  

Lol, I have clearly touched a nerve. :P

It's been a while since I've read quite such a pile of utter nonsense on here, so well done on that. :thumsup2

We move on...

3 hours ago, blue manalishi said:

I still have  the unedited footage of the full game. I am happy to put it on a pen drive and  let you find  footage  that  you feel I omitted to the detriment of your team. Bear in mind that decent midfield play cannot be included if it has no end product. It's not practical, and most of the footage I did include showed my team in a poor light as the finishing was woeful, but it is a true reflection of the flow of the game. Personally I think Glencairn were clearly the better team, and I've seen it twice. We didn't deserve to win though because we only put the ball in the net the same amount of times as  Cambuslang.

Archived