Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

Well done for the win against Fauldhouse yesterday. Onwards to another crunch league match at home against the wee rose!

Good luck to Fauldhouse next season, as they seek a straight return to the Super League.

Strange that with a minimum of seven league/cup games still to play (probably 10!), that we don't have a midweek match to look forward to. Surely we could have had the East of Scotland tie against Jeanfield on Wednesday?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

Toffee, looking at the table Hill of Beath are right in the mix for bottom three. 

Agreed Wullie, and if Camelon lose their last match against Bo'ness on Wednesday, I'm not sure they are safe either.

Following results from last Saturday, we know what has to be done. Two wins and safe from automatic relegation. A draw on top of that, and Musselburgh remain in the Super League for another year. Simple!

MTB

17 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Got to get something out of today's game; let's get a winner, let's get a winner!

Who do you play today? Surprised when I had a look at the table and seen how you were placed, there are far worst teams in the league than Mussy. And is big Renton injured? Was very surprised when I realised who was in goals when you played Bo'ness recently.

17 minutes ago, Scuzz said:

Who do you play today? Surprised when I had a look at the table and seen how you were placed, there are far worst teams in the league than Mussy. And is big Renton injured? Was very surprised when I realised who was in goals when you played Bo'ness recently.

17 minutes ago, Scuzz said:

We are playing your close neighbours; the wee rose, who at the moment appear to be near rock bottom. So, looking for a win, though to be truthful would take a draw. Reason for this is that I believe we will beat Broughty and Jeanfield which would see us secure our place in the Super League.

I think Shandy and Geordie are a good management in the making. We started the league well, winning four games early on in the season, but it has gone downhill since then. I still think our players are good enough, but for the league campaign, confidence seems to have gone awry. However we are in the semi final of fife and lothians and qtr final of East of scotland so are doing something right.

To answer your question, Keiron is not injured, and despite my earlier comment, I think the management team has got it wrong with Ally, who for me shouldn't be in the squad never mind the team.

We are playing your close neighbours; the wee rose, who at the moment appear to be near rock bottom. So, looking for a win, though to be truthful would take a draw. Reason for this is that I believe we will beat Broughty and Jeanfield which would see us secure our place in the Super League.
I think Shandy and Geordie are a good management in the making. We started the league well, winning four games early on in the season, but it has gone downhill since then. I still think our players are good enough, but for the league campaign, confidence seems to have gone awry. However we are in the semi final of fife and lothians and qtr final of East of scotland so are doing something right.
To answer your question, Keiron is not injured, and despite my earlier comment, I think the management team has got it wrong with Ally, who for me shouldn't be in the squad never mind the team.

Thanks for the response, good luck today. Linlithgow are due a result at some point but for your sakes hopefully not today! Renton is a steady keeper, Adams a bit of a bombscare at times. Very surprised he's been dropped if he's not injured.

Tough match today and sometimes tough to watch. Great to get a result today, albeit a draw, but at least it keeps us in with a good chance of staying in the league!

Great to see the boys having belief for the whole game, and it wouldn't have been unjust to get all three points.

With all the games in hand, I think Linlithgow will be safe, but how far have they fallen? Definitely not the hardest of games we have had this season.

Two comments about a couple of Lithgae players.

1. K Kelbie. When he was playing with Camelon I thought he was a brilliant player. Saw him up at Bonnyrigg in his last season, and he tore The big rose's defence apart scoring a great goal. What have Lithgae done to him! Not the same player now, and if he went elsewhere - even to Bo'ness, I bet he would star again.

2. Baby Coyne. What a petulant git he is. Gods gift when he scores, but nobody is allowed to tackle him, without either dropping like a fly or having a wee tantrum to himself - then when he is down on his @rse it's like he has a wee stamp of his feet before he gets up again. Then he gets petulant again and gets booked for opening his wee mouth and moaning that its his game and it's not fair cause other players keep taking the ball away from him!

If the stories are true that he wants to see how he fares next season in the West Super League, maybes he wants to try and 'man up' before then!

So a gutsy performance from The Burgh today. Twice coming back from a goal down to earn a draw, which was least we deserved. 

What a goal by Ralton, and thanks to our old camera man for coming along so I could watch a replay of the goals; especially Ralton's.

Thought Barry Hogg had his best game since coming to Burgh, and was my man of the match. Work permitting, and should all players be available for Monday night's match at Bonnyrigg, and Saturday, at home to Broughty; - for all their efforts, I would have the same starting lineup for both games - dependant on if Declan can play.

MTB - we can do it; we can do it!

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Still think Camelon could end up  in the playoff, can see yourselves, Jeanfield and Linlithgow passing them in the league.

Think you could be right gogsy, and the thing is that if Jeanfield only win 1 more match, and The Burgh win 2, then Camelon could finish 3rd bottom on goal difference.

If so, Camelon could find themselves in the same position as Sauchie did last season - in a play-off weeks after they thought their season had ended.

Big game on Monday night lads, we will hopefully get the win but sure you will be fine.  What our local clubs to stay up - apart from one that is :lol:

The great escape continues on Monday night, away to Bonnyrigg.

if I had a choice between them and Kelly to win the league this year, I would want the Big Rose to do it. However, Musselburgh need the points just as much, so hope we do ourselves justice, and take something from the game. 

Saturday, was much better, with Musselburgh going for every ball, closing down Linlithgow, and we need to do the same at Bonnyrigg. Six points to safety, and the quicker the better.

Mon the Burgh.

9 hours ago, JPGR said:

Big game on Monday night lads, we will hopefully get the win but sure you will be fine.  What our local clubs to stay up - apart from one that is :lol:

I expect it to be a tough match given that Bonnyrigg are the best side I've seen all season. Funny though, the big rose got beat last week at Broxburn, a team we humped 5-1 (going on 10) earlier in the season. So there is hope for us tomorrow night!

Great night for a football match , so let's hope the Burgh bring a good support with us. Still a lot of hard work to come in the league, so hopefully the team get plenty of encouragement tonight.

Archived