The compliance officer

After watching Jamie Walker getting pulled in and a 2 game suspension I was wondering if this only happens with high profile penalty dives?

Seen 1 of the Rangers players take a no contact header v Hamilton last Saturday and as far as I'm aware, no punishment for him.

Is it only in the event of a penalty that these will be pulled in?

If it's not, what's the criteria?

38 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

After watching Jamie Walker getting pulled in and a 2 game suspension I was wondering if this only happens with high profile penalty dives?

Seen 1 of the Rangers players take a no contact header v Hamilton last Saturday and as far as I'm aware, no punishment for him.

It's up to Scott brown, he is the compliance officer, isn't he?

6 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Players can only be cited for dives which lead to a penalty kick or a red card for an opponent.

If the referee sees it, then the player doesn't gain advantage by cheating. If he doesn't see it, and as Craig says there is a penalty or red card as a result, they've gained an advantage which is obviously where they are looking to apply the stronger punishment.

Agree consistency, with most things in Scottish Football, is the problem.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Players can only be cited for dives which lead to a penalty kick or a red card for an opponent.

Seems a bit dumb & arbitrary. Dive is a dive regardless where on the park who do it.

We've had Brian Graham done for a dive, Tam Scobbie for a head-butt, Lee Croft for a dangerous tackle,Frazer Wright for an elbow, James McFadden for a GIRUY and Brad McKay calling Juanma a cheat.

We've had Brian Graham done for a dive, Tam Scobbie for a head-butt, Lee Croft for a dangerous tackle,Frazer Wright for an elbow, James McFadden for a GIRUY and Brad McKay calling Juanma a cheat.

That was fantastic.

50 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Sounds like Tommy needs to sort out your discipline.

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Seems a bit dumb & arbitrary. Dive is a dive regardless where on the park who do it.

It will get interesting if the dive leads to a free kick and is converted to win the game.

I already hate the fact you can't appeal a yellow card and only a red.

What if the yellow is 1 of 2 or leads to a points ban?

How's that fair?

The compliance officer is no more than a mouthpiece for the old-firm when they've been hard done by.

There must be dozens of cases where the old firm have got away with not being pulled up by the compliance officer.

John Guidetti taking a dive for a penalty at Tynecastle = no further action.

Archived