Livi v Stenny

Overall not great by us. Fair play to Livingston. They looked strong in attack and had they taken their chances could have scored a lot more.

We never had any real opportunity bar the penalty at the end. The result was fair for us and could have been alot worse in the end. Livi look like title contenders and that should be expected from a full time outfit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did that game only finish 4-1 ? 

Probably one of the most one sided games I've ever sat and watched.

Dont get me wrong I'll take it, 3 points, another 4 goals but that could've been 8 or 9 and slightly annoying that we never kept a clean sheet but not to worry. 

Stenny have a lot of work to do if they are going to stay in the league, we just need to keep doing what we are doing, Queen's Park away next, will be difficult but another we can get a victory in before taking on Alloa. 

That was a lot more comfortable than I imagined it would be, with respect to Stenny. Missed the Stranraer game so only seen us at Airdrie, but a step up in gear from us in a different kind of game from last week. Pleasing to see us actually take the initiative and be able to beat a team when the onus is on us to attack. Only blot on the copybook being the penalty at the end, silly from Lithgow but the blame shouldn't be confined to him for the sequence of play leading up to it.

Great games again from Scotty P and Mullen, just goes to show that giving players responsibility further up the pitch can reap rewards.

Unlucky for Stenny who missed quite a fair few chances but we did too. Scoreline could've (read should've) been a lot, lot higher than just 4 for us. Mullen is coming onto a good game thankfully after however many years of being average at best. Longridge looks brilliant at the back also and Cadden as always looks like a player we'll struggle to hold on to. Have to also mention Miller who played brilliant today for us.

McMenamin showing he still has that turn on him and can provide a bit of class here and there, heart of the Stenny team

Good game today from a Livi perspective. Good to see us actually playing football even with the conditions.
Balls from the wide areas were spot on for most of the game. Cadden needs to be less greedy with the ball. Watching Liam Watt have a good go at Allen was funny as well. Should have passed it as watt was unmarked.

Pleasing performance although disappointed not to have kept the clean sheet.

Was also good to see that Sinclair is still shite and we haven't been missing out on him for years.

Average age of the Stenny supporters was about 60 today or is it just very hard watching your team?

16 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Average age of the Stenny supporters was about 60 today or is it just very hard watching your team?

We have young supporters but they never go to away games.

Pittman and Mullen have been our stand out players so far, Mullen in particular is at last living up to his earlier promise of being a talented player. Might just be the making of him this season.

Thought Stenny would sit in and frustrate us but they didn't, and it played right into our hands, we got an early goal and never looked back. As has been said, it could've been a lot more than 4 goals but a win is all that matters and we've gone ahead on goal difference again too. Our attacking style is a lot more entertaining this season, just hope folk start coming back to our games again when they see the results we're getting, the players can't do much more than they're doing to attract fans.

I aged 10 years today watching the Stenny defence, thought Livi looked good and easily deserved the win. They will go well this year. One point though - the subs were unprofessional petty children. Not stopping the ball and making the Stenny players run for it. If I was the manager I would sack the ball boys and fine the players. 3 nil up but thought they were clever behaving like toddlers. Disgusting and unprofessional.

13 minutes ago, Happy Pebble said:

I aged 10 years today watching the Stenny defence, thought Livi looked good and easily deserved the win. They will go well this year. One point though - the subs were unprofessional petty children. Not stopping the ball and making the Stenny players run for it. If I was the manager I would sack the ball boys and fine the players. 3 nil up but thought they were clever behaving like toddlers. Disgusting and unprofessional.

Just as well your not the manager, the ball boys we have are about 10 years old but yeh sack them, that'll get the community on side.

what utter utter nonsense, disgusting and unprofessional, really ? 

I'd actually say it's very professional, why should our players stop the ball or go and get the ball for the opposition, gamesmanship I think it's called and when we are 3 nil up I think they earned the right to be cute about these things, Too often in the past we've been nieve and been on the end of late goals to drop points etc.

Agree to differ then but putting your hands up to catch the ball and moving them away is in my book childish and if on of my kids teams did that the coaches would deal with it. All about personal standards I suppose. Community - I am sure the ball boys and the youngsters learnt how to behave today.

3 minutes ago, Happy Pebble said:

Agree to differ then but putting your hands up to catch the ball and moving them away is in my book childish and if on of my kids teams did that the coaches would deal with it. All about personal standards I suppose. Community - I am sure the ball boys and the youngsters learnt how to behave today.

With all do respect this isn't a kids game, this is adults making a living in a professional football game, for years we've been on the end of the cute tricks, the kicking the ball away, the players that can't roll the ball back to us, it's frustrating but we've dealt with it and so should you, I'm sure the next time your winning 1-0 you'll be the first to complain about your team accidentally missing the ball on the way past them or faining injury etc, after all you are the better man with your personal standards.

For my team, if the ball went out of play and we were winning, I would expect my team to show some respect and give them the ball. Nobody likes a "dickhead", no matter the age group.

The ballboys/girls were slow today. Our keeper had to fetch the ball himself as the ballboys/girls couldn't be bother moving.

Archived