The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

When ricardo goes on holiday it's not the customery fortnight like everybody else it's a month to six weeks then he has to get fit to play

Brilliant cheers! Looking forward to seeing him in January [emoji102][emoji23]

Can't add too much to the earlier summary from The Judge. My main thoughts watching the game (having watched EK at Stenny previously) were that BSC might well have the best strike partnership in the Lowland given time, and that Kilby badly need one of their strikers to step up and lead the way. Put Grehan in that EK side and you'd have the makings of another major winning streak IMO.

11 hours ago, bpek said:

When ricardo goes on holiday it's not the customery fortnight like everybody else it's a month to six weeks then he has to get fit to play

Lucky b*****d that he can go away for 6 weeks:lol: must be either rich or has a hell of a good job.

I've heard that the contract is pretty water tight and you'll need to pay him anyway. Why waste all this time with lawyers etc? No point in fighting a losing battle

6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Maybe they figured he'd back down first? Who knows? If his contract is as tight as mentioned here is really is inexplicable from EK.

Mind you, firing him in the first place is arguably inexplicable, so whatever.

That's the Keans for you! It doesn't matter what any manager does, they are out the door as soon as they don't like something. A similar fate will await Stark, nothing surer.

Lot of bad press around EK just now i here except in the local.paper for only reasons known to club and its paper but sticking your heads in the sand and hoping it will go away not the right way to go about business for any future players, Managers or new support coming in....

Still suprised Stark took the job but for how long even the man himself must be wondering shall i hang around with the doubt this could happen to me...

Personal level im only truly bothered about my club and was concerned we may have to play EK in a play off last season, Wouldnt care half as much now looking ahead...

Bleak times for a club that were going places looking in on last seasons results...

Shameful

11 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Bleak times for a club that were going places looking in on last seasons results...

Shameful

I very much doubt it's Bleak times bud. 

They were never gonnae repeat last season's long unbeaten run as other teams round about them have improved massively. I don't think a managerial change has made a big difference. As I said it's the teams round about them that are improving all the time. EK will still be right up there challenging I've no doubts about that. 

It is a very difficult league, there's probably 5 or 6 teams who fancy their chances this season, it's a league which a lot of people seem to be underestimating.... 

Edited by newcastle broon

Lot of bad press around EK just now i here except in the local.paper for only reasons known to club and its paper but sticking your heads in the sand and hoping it will go away not the right way to go about business for any future players, Managers or new support coming in....

Still suprised Stark took the job but for how long even the man himself must be wondering shall i hang around with the doubt this could happen to me...

Personal level im only truly bothered about my club and was concerned we may have to play EK in a play off last season, Wouldnt care half as much now looking ahead...

Shameful

You been on the beers mate????

Think u are going a wee bit over the top mate. A manager left under bad terms. We dont know the ins and outs of it but if he had a contract and he never broke any terms of it then he will get his money. Club obviously feel they have some kinda case or he would have been paid. Happens at loads of clubs. Dosent mean club is in a mess. Far from it. I think we will struggle to win it this year as alot of teams look really good this year. Will still be up there competeing tho. Shamefull, doubt it.

18 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Shameful 

====================

Maybe EK need to release a statement espicially in local rag up here,Lot of people talking about it in the pubs in the village and cant be good for business or face after such a great season last year, Without doubt the league improving, All the bestemoji106.png

What an utterly bizarre post!?  Thanks for stopping by :1eye.

Edited by The_Judge

Not sure exactly what happened with the management team and why they weren't kept on etc after an unbelievable season. What I do find even more a strange though is there is absolutely no mention of this non payment  of bonus  story in the local newspaper. Anyone know why this may be?

Edited by Bobo1471
Mistakes