The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

8 minutes ago, Bobo1471 said:

A junior player who was gonae sign for ek this season phoned your players and was told stay junior whatever you get offered here you won't get so I wouldn't advise it. Is a fair point though about players staying 

I can remember no that long ago EK were in denial aboot paying any of their players far less a manager. 

It's a funny old game :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I can remember no that long ago EK were in denial aboot paying any of their players far less a manager. 

It's a funny old game :thumsup2

Newky they still don't get paid. They're meant to but don't get it!!! 

15 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Bobo, are you Martin Lauchlan?:unsure2:

No but il find out anything you want to know. Met him at Shettleston game yesterday and he's very open on what happened at ek. Do you want to know anything and il phone him for you? I'm sure you have his number though judge haha

29 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Bobo, are you Martin Lauchlan?:unsure2:

Judge I've just text martin he said your on the committee at ek so you'll be aware what's going on. If you need anything else let me know or give him a phone you have his number 

16 minutes ago, Bobo1471 said:

Judge I've just text martin he said your on the committee at ek so you'll be aware what's going on. If you need anything else let me know or give him a phone you have his number 

Right, if you are correct, and contracts (bonuses) were altered:

1. It'll all come out in the court action for Lauchlan anyway. Why would EKFC go to court if it's such an obvious case and they'd be liable for fees on top?
  2. Why did most of the squad stay on, Billy Stark (who would've sounded out people in "football circles" about the club) take the job and other experienced pros sign on?

More to this story than meets the eye IMO - especially given we've only heard Martins side in public (shock horror).

Most sensible post in a while, Born to Run.

I have connections close to the club, but do not confess to be an authority on all things EK, but here are a few facts in this saga:

1.  The club are more than comfortable for the claim to be heard, and are maintaining a dignified silence.  There is now little else to say on the matter, and what will be will be. 

2. The local paper EK News have printed a story about the dispute, so for anyone to claim otherwise is mental. 

3.  Martin Lauchlan's achievements on the field are still highly regarded at the club, and most EK folk still consider him a decent guy, perhaps bit misguided in his quest for headlines.

4.  All but two of the squad from last season rejoined, even after the change of manager, which does not paint a picture of unhappy players or disputes. 

5.  The fact that BPEK is drawn to East Kilbride threads like a moth to a flame is a source of great amusement to the club, who are well aware is his identity. 

22 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Most sensible post in a while, Born to Run.

I have connections close to the club, but do not confess to be an authority on all things EK, but here are a few facts in this saga:

1.  The club are more than comfortable for the claim to be heard, and are maintaining a dignified silence.  There is now little else to say on the matter, and what will be will be. 

2. The local paper EK News have printed a story about the dispute, so for anyone to claim otherwise is mental. 

3.  Martin Lauchlan's achievements on the field are still highly regarded at the club, and most EK folk still consider him a decent guy, perhaps bit misguided in his quest for headlines.

4.  All but two of the squad from last season rejoined, even after the change of manager, which does not paint a picture of unhappy players or disputes. 

5.  The fact that BPEK is drawn to East Kilbride threads like a moth to a flame is a source of great amusement to the club, who are well aware is his identity. 

I assume that the club are confident of a positive outcome?

14 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I assume that the club are confident of a positive outcome?

I think it would be fairer to say that the club are pretty unfazed and aren't really too bothered.  EK won't even touch this again, lawyer will deal with it all, and what will be will be. 

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

I think it would be fairer to say that the club are pretty unfazed and aren't really too bothered.  EK won't even touch this again, lawyer will deal with it all, and what will be will be. 

Seems like a good idea, it's time to concentrate on the important stuff on the field.