The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Nobody has been banned from anywhere, and no, the poster you refer to is not a reporter, but connected to another LL club. 

But used to be at EK :whistle

Anyway Can we just no just get back on wi the fitba now. Whatever s happened,  they're no gonnae get a points deduction that would effect their league chances :huh:

Edited by newcastle broon

No Jacob has been in the first team squad since the inception of the Lowland League...he is 21 today and we are rightly proud of him. It's a boost to all the coaches who have worked with him over the years...especially our Goal keeping coach Hugh O'Neil who has worked with him for years..to see a lad come through the system at your club is very satisfying.

DHmMmQUW0AELx5q.jpg

East Kilbride 6 - 0 Hawick Royal Albert

On paper this should have been a safe three points for the home side and that's exactly how it turned out.  The match was over as a contest after just under 20 minutes by which time Ross McNeil had helped himself to a hat-trick.  I take no pleasure in saying it but the Hawick keeper played a big part in all three of them to the point where I was seriously questioning whether he was actually a goalie or an outfield player that had been given the gloves for the day.

In a strange twist he then went on to pull off at least half a dozen excellent saves during the remainder of the match.  Hawick, to their credit, never gave up and in the second half enjoyed a bit more of the ball as EK went through the motions.  I don't recall the visitors having a serious effort at goal but they did play some nice stuff at times and with the news that they've lost their management team on the back of a poor start to the season I hope they can get some stability soon.

Tensions running high in the EK camp after Saturday. Craig McLeish leaving early after being on the bench and has since been released. Apparently a good few other players particularly from last years squad are unhappy with the new management team. Standards have apparently dropped significantly and although they beat hawick 6-0 some have told me it was one of the worst performances they have seen from EK in a long time.

17 minutes ago, AmateurCoach said:

Tensions running high in the EK camp after Saturday. Craig McLeish leaving early after being on the bench and has since been released. Apparently a good few other players particularly from last years squad are unhappy with the new management team. Standards have apparently dropped significantly and although they beat hawick 6-0 some have told me it was one of the worst performances they have seen from EK in a long time.

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time lol. Yes Craig did leave, but you are never going keep a full squad happy, especially one as big as EK. Been to last few games (including St Mirren) and EK are playing really well! Playing the best football I've seen from them in ages.

26 minutes ago, AmateurCoach said:

It doesn't seem to be stopping them getting the results? Still the team to beat in the league.

17 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

It doesn't seem to be stopping them getting the results? Still the team to beat in the league.

17 hours ago, FitBawFan1 said:

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time lol. Yes Craig did leave, but you are never going keep a full squad happy, especially one as big as EK. Been to last few games (including St Mirren) and EK are playing really well! Playing the best football I've seen from them in ages.

They certainly defended reasonably well against St Mirren and the keeper had a great game but it was far from the best football they've played(they hardly got a touch). You have to judge them against the opposition in the league and by all accounts they haven't been good enough and players are saying it themselves but they still ride high at the top but the gap has definitely closed from last year between them and the majority of LL teams. I'm sure they will still be the favourites but all I can relay is what I've heard that the players aren't impressed with the new manager. Stark has a great name in the Scottish game but theres a reason he was an assistant manager at albion rovers and scrambling around for a job.

The fact that EK have only lost one goal in League should be ominous to other sides.  It's already a 3-horse race between EK, Spartans & BSC, and East Kilbride have been over the course before with the group of players, but it looks like that new Manager will start to freshen things up his way.

All about opinions (or agenda's) but the word close to EK is that the players are very happy with the new Manager and methods. 

Always strange to see people appearing / posting, and desperate for a crisis!

Looks like a very competitive League season in store....

On 8/14/2017 at 14:11, Pink Flag said:

Expect some new user names to pop up in EK thread any time soon...a couple of posters maybe not as anonymous as they hoped they were emoji50.png

Indeed :lol:

On 8/24/2017 at 16:23, AmateurCoach said:

Sad to see Craig go as I liked his style, a very accomplished player with lovely close control who makes the game look quite easy.  We had speculated from his lack of game time so far that maybe BS had other ideas.  Understandable in any team that guys that aint playing wont be too happy especially if they were regulars before but alas that is football.  As for a 6-0 victory being one of the worst performances in a long time :blink::lol:

13 hours ago, AmateurCoach said:

They certainly defended reasonably well against St Mirren and the keeper had a great game but it was far from the best football they've played(they hardly got a touch). 

Outplayed by a Championship side on their own pitch..?  Calamity..!! :lol::lol::lol:

Celtic loan kid hopes to catch Rodgers' eye by starring for East Kilbride

Keiran Campbell has watched Calvin Miller and Kundai Benyu step up from development team - and wants to follow suit

campbell.pngCampbell, far right and left speaking to Brendan Rodgers, wants to follow in the footsteps of Miller and Benyuily updates directly to your inbox
Celtic youngster Keiran Campbell watched fellow development-squad players Calvin Miller and Kundai Benyu star for the Hoops first team at Kilmarnock last Saturday and now he hopes his loan move to East Kilbride can help him follow in their footsteps.

The 17-year-old striker joined the Lowland League champions on a development loan last week— and his move comes a month after he played against Kilby in a 3-1 pre-season friendly win at K-Park.

That day, Campbell lined up alongside Miller and Benyu, who stepped up to help Brendan Rodgers’ side beat Killie 2-0 at Rugby Park and keep the defending champions top of the Scottish Premiership.

He aspires to make the same kind of breakthrough at Celtic Park and believes starring in the Lowland League can take him a step closer to his dream.

Campbell told the EK News: “When Brendan Rodgers came to the club, he said he was going to give a lot of the younger players a chance.

“You could see on Saturday that he is doing that.

“I played in the same squad as Calvin and Benyu against East Kilbride and I thought Benyu would be in the same position as me this season — going out on loan to get some games but he’s done really well and caught the manager’s eye, that’s what I want to do at EK. I want to get some game time here and do my best to impress.  Playing games here is better than sitting on the bench for Celtic. I was looking for a move to get some games under my belt and, after playing EK in pre-season and being impressed by them, it made sense to come here.”

Campbell has joined the club until January, but benefits from full-time training with the Celtic development squad. He also remains available for selection for Tommy McIntyre’s under-20s, who play on Mondays or Tuesdays.

Now in his third season with the Hoops after signing from Hamilton Accies he hopes to take the Lowland League by storm and, ahead of Saturday’s clash away to Gala Fairydean, he is targeting plenty of goals for Billy Stark’s side.

JS128397775.jpgHe added: “My aim is to hit 20 goals before I go back to Celtic.

EKFC Girls 13s were presented with their Erin Cuthbert League Runners Up medals tonight at K-Park by David Proctor from our 1st Team.

The girls had a fantastic first part of the season finishing 2nd and promoting them to the U13s Performance League. They also took part in 3 Tournaments over the summer and won two. Their trophies are now displayed in the Trophy cabinet at K-Park.

From everyone in EKFC family we wish you all the best and a fantastic start to the new season on Saturday. EKFC Girls would like to thank David and Manager Billy Stark for taking the time tonight with the girls.

Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
Image may contain: 11 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor