Scottish Cup

Amateur Footie Fan

Just one of those days how we didn't score a couple of goals is beyond me.

Thiughts the lads were top drawer today some of the best football we have played under my management back to our old selves, we also done amateur football proud with that performance. But goals win games and Girvan got one, all the best to Girvan for the rest of the season. 

3 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Just one of those days how we didn't score a couple of goals is beyond me.

Thiughts the lads were top drawer today some of the best football we have played under my management back to our old selves, we also done amateur football proud with that performance. But goals win games and Girvan got one, all the best to Girvan for the rest of the season. 

You never done Amateur football proud, supposed to be the top team in the ammies and never beat a middle of the road junior team, be honest, that was a pish score.

usual idiots, 

if you read the message I said with the performance not the result, no disrespect to Girvan but if anyone was at the game today they will tell you we deserved to win the game we were by far the better side. As I tho goals win games. 

Im proud of my players as I should be with what they have achieved. But it's a new season and there will be many teams challenging for the majors again and hopefully we will be in there with a shout again 

Last post on P&B decided to come off. Save me from biting to people hiding behind user names and criticising clubs instead of having the balls to put their names to post. It's difficult to have positive conversation on here trying to promote our level of football it's just turns into people taking shots at clubs. 

I think the last week has shown me there  are more important things to wining games of football. We have a goal keeper lying in coma 24 years of age who is part of the Colville family sometimes there are important things than getting annoyed on P&B.

Id liked to wish everyone all the best for the season ahead, take care. 

1 hour ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

You never done Amateur football proud, supposed to be the top team in the ammies and never beat a middle of the road junior team, be honest, that was a pish score.

Totally agree and any amateur team who need to travel miles and miles to fulfill two prelim games  at new tinto park shouldn't be in the SCOTTISH cup for me . 

There should be a basic requirement to be able to stage a few early round games without needing to switch from Lanarkshire to Glasgow to host an early round game. 

Same as harestanes last season needing to play at kilsyths ground , utter nonsense and their should be a basic first prelim requirement to play at your own ground  as it makes a mockery of the competition when amateur teams can't host a single game in the competition. 

Junior teams if much further down the line need to play a big gun at a neutral venue isn't perfect either rather than at home but at least we meet basic first round requirements . 

Totally disagree colville park earned the right to play in the competition by winning the Scottish cup that was criteria set by sfa, it's like saying rob Roy should be refused entry to the premier league as they don't have a ground ridiculous, colville were excellent first half and deserved to be goals up, ran out of steam second half tho but were a credit to the level they play at.

Colville started the game very well taking the game to girvan as the 1st half progressed Colville were more in command with girvan very lucky to be on a level par due to dogged defending poor finishing and the luck of the crossbar
Possession wise Colville were miles in front with ball on the deck short sharp passes with girvan resorting to long high balls which Colville dealt with comfortably so 1st half ended 0-0
2nd half girvan changed shape to stifle the Colville midfield and got more into the game then came the sucker goal from girvan in the end won them the tie but as a neutral you would have thought Colville were the junior team and not girvan
So many positives for Colville but if u don't take ur chances u don't win games harsh lesson but that's the facts
On a final note I hope the Colville keeper gets well soon and makes a full recovery
Night shift Saturday night is nae good [emoji460]️

Don't agree with hertha  whatsoever. Colville won the cup which the sfa grant you a place they earned the right to be there by winning their first preliminary tie just like beith earned their right to be in the 2nd round or Talbot for that matter. Just like saying teams with sufficient grounds to play their ties shouldn't be allowed to switch to different venues to maximise the financial side when the come up against an spfl side. unlucky to colville from what I've heard dominated the game and just never had that wee bit of luck you need in these ties to progress all the best.

12 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Totally agree and any amateur team who need to travel miles and miles to fulfill two prelim games  at new tinto park shouldn't be in the SCOTTISH cup for me . 

There should be a basic requirement to be able to stage a few early round games without needing to switch from Lanarkshire to Glasgow to host an early round game. 

Same as harestanes last season needing to play at kilsyths ground , utter nonsense and their should be a basic first prelim requirement to play at your own ground  as it makes a mockery of the competition when amateur teams can't host a single game in the competition. 

Junior teams if much further down the line need to play a big gun at a neutral venue isn't perfect either rather than at home but at least we meet basic first round requirements . 

Most amateur sides will be grateful just to have a home park to play on. How can you expect an amateur side to have the same resources as a Junior club? Its a free product to watch, the very fact they survive should be applauded and encouraged. By your own admission the Senior to Junior standards differ why not Junior to amateur.

Most amateur sides will be grateful just to have a home park to play on. How can you expect an amateur side to have the same resources as a Junior club? Its a free product to watch, the very fact they survive should be applauded and encouraged. By your own admission the Senior to Junior standards differ why not Junior to amateur.

100% agree, plus, An amateur team can play at any venue they choose if available and they can pay the booking fee. Wether it be a council grass park a council Astro or even rugby park/ new Douglas park.

18 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

usual idiots, 

if you read the message I said with the performance not the result, no disrespect to Girvan but if anyone was at the game today they will tell you we deserved to win the game we were by far the better side. As I tho goals win games. 

Im proud of my players as I should be with what they have achieved. But it's a new season and there will be many teams challenging for the majors again and hopefully we will be in there with a shout again 

Say what you want about my opinion, the performance etc, it doesn't matter, Girvan will be thinking they gave us a doing and still couldn't beat us.

Kidding yourself on.

Archived