Squad face Lithuania & Slovakia next month

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2016 at 09:36, Underpants Gnome said:

I would rather our players played down south.. the English second tier is a far better quality league to our top tier. James Forrest and Barrie McKay for example would not cope down south atm.. they would be found out to be bang average. However the likes of Ryan Fraser who was class in the Championship last season and Matt Phillips who is a regular for a team in the English top tier can't even get in the squad.

i couldn't tell you how good the players that play in England are because i don't follow the English game,i can only judge them when they play for Scotland or if they have played in the Scottish leagues,as far as comparing leagues who cares as long as the players that strachan picks can win the games,Scotland haven't qualified for a long time if the second tier of English football is better than your top league it has not helped us qualify for any tournaments? 

5 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Your keyboard might have a different layout, but on mine the full stop is between the comma and the forward slash.  Really useful key, that.  Try it out - it'll make your posts much easier to read, even though they won't necessarily make much more sense. 

Image result for good grammar gifgees a break:rolleyes::rolleyes::shutup:shutup

13 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

scotland-xi-f29c8289b6b67933b1e7b93fbe63

We aren't good enough to score from this possession shite. We sit deep and wait for set pieces and openings down the flanks, and then launch every single player right into the mixer for the cross.

Like this, except we do it everytime we have the ball.

What in the f**k is that?! Haha. No offence mate, but that's awful.

2 hours ago, killienick said:

We'll never play this team but I like to see us try to play football a bit more. Griffiths can play slightly behind Fletcher in this formation. Personally, this is how I'd go.

scotland-xi-911ad7a3cacbcabe8ceeddd6c56a0356.jpg

Very attacking but I like it..

But for me I would start

Marshall

Paterson Hanley Berra Robertson

McArthur D.Fletcher

Burke Snodgrass Ritchie

Griffiths or S.Fletcher (very undecided with who to go with out of those 2)

4 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

How is it awful? They scored a goal from it. And we're a much better team than a German 3rd division team.  We'll have no bother sticking at least 4 past Lithuania with it.

You're starting Wallace over Tierney or Robertson for starters.. that in itself is a sacking offence. Wallace is garbage and I'm actually confused to why he's even in the squad.

Burke in central midfield? Paterson at right wing? Martin at wing back? 

7 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

How is it awful? They scored a goal from it. And we're a much better team than a German 3rd division team.  We'll have no bother sticking at least 4 past Lithuania with it.

We will hopefully only kick off once in the match. If we are doing this at least 4 times then we are in serious bother.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Ez picks. This all day long

McArthur has to start for me. Comfortably our best central midfielder.. but Strachan wont drop Fletcher and I like Bannan and thought he had a good game against Malta, so this will probably be the team Strachan goes with. Which I'm happy with..

Either that or he'll 'do a Strachan' and drop Burke for McKay or Forrest and still play Chris Martin up from. Might even drop Robertson for Wallace of he was to really 'do a Strachan'

1 minute ago, KingQuerrey said:

Did you even read the tactical plan ffs? You need the 10 biggest players in the team, plus Snodgrass for his delivery for this to work. 

There's no room for midget shite like Robertson in my system. He can either go grow a foot or sit on the fucking bench where folk under 6ft belong.

Well thank f**k we don't play that system then mate.... 

"Nah sorry Messi, we have no room for your midget shite.. we have Chris Samba playing in your position the day."

Horrific.

2 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

Did you even read the tactical plan ffs? You need the 10 biggest players in the team, plus Snodgrass for his delivery for this to work. 

There's no room for midget shite like Robertson in my system. He can either go grow a foot or sit on the fucking bench where folk under 6ft belong.

Is that a Pep Guardiola quote?

Would imagine it'll be the same team that played Malta bar Chris Martin who should be replaced by either Griffiths or Fletcher. Most likely the latter. 

It's a shame that McArthur can't get a game but at the same time he shouldn't be shoehorned into the team. Fletcher and Bannan have done well in the middle. 

23 minutes ago, Underpants Gnome said:

You're starting Wallace over Tierney or Robertson for starters.. that in itself is a sacking offence. Wallace is garbage and I'm actually confused to why he's even in the squad.

Burke in central midfield? Paterson at right wing? Martin at wing back? 

18 minutes ago, Underpants Gnome said:

Well thank f**k we don't play that system then mate.... 

"Nah sorry Messi, we have no room for your midget shite.. we have Chris Samba playing in your position the day."

Horrific.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There are even worse possibilities on that wee BBC programme.  the 3-3-3-2 being probably the worst.

Whilst 3-3-3-2 would be a handy formation, the 3-3-3-1 formation they have on the site would indeed be terrible;

scotland-xi-8d8373b0b8010fff7d3d01bf47cbb56e.jpg

Archived