Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2018 or later or not at all for triggering is only 2/1, 11/8 for us to stick to May's timetable for triggering.

As mentioned earlier, she may well stick to her timetable for triggering article 50, but will quickly find herself (and her government) knee deep in the mud as soon as the moment they decide to wade out.

34 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I actually think B will slow the process up more than A, I just don't understand how a government can allow a referendum without having some sort of clue what they're going to do immediately never mind 5 months later, they'll certainly have no right to request a timeframe or berate any timeframe put for independence if we ever decide to have indyref2.

Because they knew the vote would be to "remain". Tough luck, government.

May doesn't want a timescale that allows the full impact of Brexit to materialise before the 2020 election.

Perhaps that's why she should call one now, to give her and her cabinet the full five year term to put a proper plan in place, not this current shambles. I don't think Labour pose a big enough threat under Corbyn to win and replace them. The Lib Dems are shot and the English won't buy a pact with Labour and the SNP, I'm surprised she didn't call one as soon as she was elected leader tbh.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Perhaps that's why she should call one now, to give her and her cabinet the full five year term to put a proper plan in place, not this current shambles. I don't think Labour pose a big enough threat under Corbyn to win and replace them. The Lib Dems are shot and the English won't buy a pact with Labour and the SNP, I'm surprised she didn't call one as soon as she was elected leader tbh.

She can't call an election.

She can't call an election.

Aye but I think you know what I mean.

You don't think she could get 2/3rds of the HoC to support an early call for an election?

Understand that Corbyn is said to be in favour despite his current standing in the polls?

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Aye but I think you know what I mean.
You don't think she could get 2/3rds of the HoC to support an early call for an election.
Understand that Corbyn is said to be in favour despite his current standing in the polls?

I doubt anyone would be confident about an election at the moment. I'd imagine a lot of MPs would be against it, especially Labour MPs worried about their seat. I'd also think that, despite the polls, a lot of Tories would be the exact same.

I doubt anyone would be confident about an election at the moment. I'd imagine a lot of MPs would be against it, especially Labour MPs worried about their seat. I'd also think that, despite the polls, a lot of Tories would be the exact same.

Yep fair enough, plus every party would be forced to include their own Brexit strategy as part of their manifesto? That would certainly have em panicking!!

12 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep fair enough, plus every party would be forced to include their own Brexit strategy as part of their manifesto? That would certainly have em panicking!!

Crazy talk rob,dont you remember boris gove and fox getting grilled on the brexit plan??.......oh wait they had a some stuff on the side of a bus

Crazy talk rob,dont you remember boris gove and fox getting grilled on the brexit plan??.......oh wait they had a some stuff on the side of a bus

I remember how quiet they all were, once the shock of winning actually started to sink in. 'Oh f*ck, what do we do now'!?

Aye but I think you know what I mean.You don't think she could get 2/3rds of the HoC to support an early call for an election?

Corbin never strikes one as a man who's bothered by the idea of losing an elections