Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The problem with the worst case scenarios that the media are pushing atm is that if we brexit and that doesn’t happen there’ll be scope for the government to claim some sort of success if we aren’t rioting and looting after 12 hours.

Red, White and Blue Rioting and Looting Brexit.

Lovely. 

The leaders of any govt that thinks cracking on with a process that may lead to the level of chaos that's being mooted should be prosecuted. 

Gammons can get themselves to f**k if they don't like it. Absolute madness. 

https://news.sky.com/story/public-opinion-is-shifting-sharply-against-brexit-sky-data-poll-reveals-11453220

Latest Sky poll, 10% think government is doing a good job on Brexit.  10%!!!

Some incredible figures beyond.  51% of Leave voters prefer no deal to the Chequers proposal.  These folk are batshit mental.

Majority support for second referendum and staying inEU.

https://news.sky.com/story/public-opinion-is-shifting-sharply-against-brexit-sky-data-poll-reveals-11453220
Some incredible figures beyond.  51% of Leave voters prefer no deal to the Chequers proposal.  These folk are batshit mental.

I wouldn't say batshit mental but economic illiterates.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I wouldn't say batshit mental but economic illiterates.

Nah. Batshit mental arseholes 

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This Brexit thing isn't happening lads

I'm thinking that too. The additional customs costs alone are close to £20bn (BILLION). Mostly falling on small and medium businesses.  The divorce bill is £40bn. There must be any amount of other costs to factor in. 

Mrs May is going to need a Falklands sometime soon to distract people.

I'm thinking that too. The additional customs costs alone are close to £20bn (BILLION). Mostly falling on small and medium businesses.  The divorce bill is £40bn. There must be any amount of other costs to factor in. 
Mrs May is going to need a Falklands sometime soon to distract people.
Thinking exactly that, war is the only way out of this. Stupid fucking Torys

Been saying this since the actual vote; it’s just far too costly, and complicated, to just “leave”. Not only that, it’s far better to be in a powerful bloc like the EU. I genuinely believe that Cameron and Co didn’t think “Leave” would win.

Been saying this since the actual vote; it’s just far too costly, and complicated, to just “leave”. Not only that, it’s far better to be in a powerful bloc like the EU. I genuinely believe that Cameron and Co didn’t think “Leave” would win.
They certainly didn't, hence his half arse trip to Europe to try get some concessions. That failed however if the media felt Leave could win they would have spun it as some success. In fairness not sure anyone thought leave could win, but they did.

8 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Of course they didn't - that's why they let us have a referendum. Plus they used the same scare tactics as during the Scottish Referndum, so thought "Stay" would stroll it.

Think it’s quite obvious that the last two major votes, Brexit and the US election, were won by grifters who didn’t anticipate actually winning.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Try saying that in the pubs in and around the Burnley area - or in most areas of England for that matter.

I'm reliably informed that civil unrest would break out on a scale never seen before in this country. It will make the poll tax riots that finished off Margaret Thatcher in the early 90's seem like a stroll in the park.

Try saying that in the pubs in and around the Burnley area - or in most areas of England for that matter.
I'm reliably informed that civil unrest would break out on a scale never seen before in this country. It will make the poll tax riots that finished off Margaret Thatcher in the early 90's seem like a stroll in the park.

Didn’t nearly 47% of English Voters support remain? Seems to me that there is a currently a greater change of direction happening down south (in terms of now supporting a second vote), than anywhere else.
The stark reality of Brexit is starting to bite amongst those who were previously ambivalent, even after the vote.
(An opinion only btw, based on recent conversations with friends, relations and customers in England. Reckon they need all the help and encouragement they can get).