Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

That was my first thought with it as well, evoke memories of Britain and the war to appeal to a certain subset of the population. A very poor advert.

It's quite deliberate.

Have to chuckle at the private jet pish as well. Boris Johnston was crying that he should get exactly that.

The hunting whales one is baffling too. Surely being in the EU you'd have more chance of being able to influence or introduce policy (that covers a far larger number of people) that cuts down on the number of whales that can be hunted? 

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Ah so if it is adjacent it't ok (like say Scotland and England or Britain to Northern Ireland).  :lol:  Where in the definition of colony does it say that. 

It is only adjacent to Spain because the Castilians and Aragonians stole it off the Moors.   

N Ireland is also a colony champ.  Your mental gymnastics are never going to be able to make colonialism a good thing.  Keep trying though, amazing how blind and ignorant people become when it's their country involved.

7 hours ago, Jdog said:

Catalonias latest indy poll is 40% yes, and it's historically goes between 40-50 so I don't think you can say it's being held against its will.

And as for colonialism, who decides what is and what isn't colonialism?..should the billion people from the Americas of non indigenous decent leave?

Aye they had a referendum champ, kind of supercedes your poll.

The UN.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-talks-theresa-may-brussels-eu-member-states-barnier-chequers-custom-plan-a8466066.html

Another day another gtf for May.

As the article says, there is zero evidence that any of the 27 are getting railroaded on the EU position.  They all support it and May is deluded to think otherwise.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The UN.

I think you'll find it was an illegal referendum with only 43% turnout ,because the Unionists boycotted it...champ.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I think you could do with looking into it a little more champ.  The numbers are insurmountable for yes.

Here you go champ, every major poll in relation to Catalan independence in the last 20 years..point me to the "insurmountable yes numbers"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_independence_movement

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The UN.

Mods!

Where is this guy's broughtupness?

Supercedes (sic) is spelled 'supersedes', from Latin: super -on top of, and sedere - to sit.

(Unlike precede which is from: pre -in front of, and cedere -to go).

25 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Again champ, polls are irrelevant and unreliable.  Do some reading.

So... you're sticking with the illegal referendum of last year which the Unionists boycotted and only had 43% turnout as evidence of an ..

" insurmountable yes vote"...pfffft.

10 minutes ago, Jdog said:

So... you're sticking with the illegal referendum of last year which the Unionists boycotted and only had 43% turnout as evidence of an ..

" insurmountable yes vote"...pfffft.

I am cause it is.  Have a look into it.

Btw you're using polls of a thousand people as evidence of the views of six million.  I would say your methodology is slightly more flawed than mine champ.

12 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Btw you're using polls of a thousand people as evidence of the views of six million.  I would say your methodology is slightly more flawed than mine champ.

Yeahhh....eh , polls tend to be a small cross section of public opinion...hence the term 'poll' ...but still I'd say 20 years of various independent and government backed polls point to a more accurate picture of public opinion in the region, than a boycotted illegal referendum where only the pro indy people really voted.

But anyway...how about your evidence of an "insurmountable" yes vote?

Dont you claim to have a masters in politics? Pep, do you know how sampling works? Look I support Scottish and Catalan independence but based on polls and indeed actual elections/referenda its clear we are in the minority. Please stop being so aggressive to folks who disagree with you? It just contributes to the ‘cybernat’ label that reflects badly on all of us!

Just now, Jdog said:

Yeahhh....eh , polls tend to be a small cross section of public opinion...hence the term 'poll' ...but still I'd say 20 years of various independent and government backed polls point to a more accurate picture of public opinion in the region, than a boycotted illegal referendum where only the pro indy people really voted.

But anyway...how about your evidence of an "insurmountable" yes vote?

I don't need convincing I know the numbers.  Have a look into it.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont you claim to have a masters in politics? Pep, do you know how sampling works? Look I support Scottish and Catalan independence but based on polls and indeed actual elections/referenda its clear we are in the minority. Please stop being so aggressive to folks who disagree with you? It just contributes to the ‘cybernat’ label that reflects badly on all of us!

A moron knows how sampling works and how unreliable it can be.  Did you see many polls predicting a trump win? 

A moron knows how sampling works and how unreliable it can be.  Did you see many polls predicting a trump win? 

I saw plenty of polls predicting a close election but Clinton winning, which due to the electoral college/popular vote discrepancy she did win so the sampling would actually have been pretty spot on really, just the interpretation of the results.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I don't need convincing I know the numbers.  Have a look into it.

Had a look , don't see it...can you just show us the insurmountable evidence for independence?