Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Not the same situation.  Though both colonialism.

I don't think Catalonia was ever colonised. The difference is a massive majority in Gibraltar for staying out of Spain, whereas in Catalonia there is not.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think Catalonia was ever colonised. The difference is a massive majority in Gibraltar for staying out of Spain, whereas in Catalonia there is not.

All colonialism is wrong, illegal and should be reversed wherever practically possible.  Gibraltar is pure colonialism, in the 21st century.  It's abhorrent, and the UK would and has gone to war over things like that.  It's just wrong, and literally only British people can't see it.

Catalonia is being held against its will, and is a territory controlled directly by another, the textbook definition of a colony.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

All colonialism is wrong, illegal and should be reversed wherever practically possible.  Gibraltar is pure colonialism, in the 21st century.  It's abhorrent, and the UK would and has gone to war over things like that.  It's just wrong, and literally only British people can't see it.

Catalonia is being held against its will, and is a territory controlled directly by another, the textbook definition of a colony.

I'd say the opinions of people living in the places now matter more than people from far away obsessed about history, and spurious Scottish parallels. There is zero evidence of a majority of Catalonians thinking they're being held against their will btw, but what people who actually live there think doesn't seem to matter to you. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd say the opinions of people living in the places now matter more than people from far away obsessed about history, and spurious Scottish parallels. There is zero evidence of a majority of Catalonians thinking they're being held against their will btw, but what people who actually live there think doesn't seem to matter to you. 

Actually they just voted that way in a referendum, a referendum they had voted to have eighteen times btw.  You don't speak for them.  I never mentioned Scotland.

Mind about 4 hours ago I came to the defence of Pepp? Aye, well he’s a certified loonball. All support withdrawn until..
1. He admits he is Condaleeza Rice & not just stalking her.
2. Tells the P&B massive what club & country he played professional football for.
3. Publishes his degree certificate (in politics). From the University of Neverland (or Strathclyde) no doubt.
Until this happens, I feel I’m no longer able to support his position on any topic as he’s a rambling arsehile who does the Indy cause no favours.

24 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Raab's now deleted that tweet, and confirmed it never existed (despite the link to it still being there).

I trust him, lads.

Not sure what tweet you mean but he definitely shouldn't be allowed out of Nanny's sight for a moment.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-raab-brexit-eu-workers-rights-uk-talks-brexit-secretary-a8438706.html

Mind about 4 hours ago I came to the defence of Pepp? Aye, well he’s a certified loonball. All support withdrawn until..
1. He admits he is Condaleeza Rice & not just stalking her.
2. Tells the P&B massive what club & country he played professional football for.
3. Publishes his degree certificate (in politics). From the University of Neverland (or Strathclyde) no doubt.
Until this happens, I feel I’m no longer able to support his position on any topic as he’s a rambling arsehile who does the Indy cause no favours.
And yet i was pilloried for pointing that out..

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

All colonialism is wrong, illegal and should be reversed wherever practically possible.  Gibraltar is pure colonialism, in the 21st century...

Really? It's a bit rich for Spain to complain about Gibraltar's status revolving around what the people who live there want when they still control Ceuta and Melilla on the coast of Morocco on a similar sort of basis.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Barnier telling Raab to GTF over one of May’s key proposals on the collection of customs duties...

If the Northern Ireland soft border backstop is dead then it looks like the only two viable options are a complete U-turn to an EEA style customs union and maintaining the single market complete with freedom of movement or a no deal WTO rules Brexit. Not hopeful that the latter will be avoided as there are way too many careerists in the Tory party who won't follow their Remain convictions if it risks their political future and it's not clear what Corbyn's real agenda is given his tolerance of Kate Hoey and co.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If the Northern Ireland soft border backstop is dead then it looks like the only two viable options are a complete U-turn to an EEA style customs union and maintaining the single market complete with freedom of movement or a no deal WTO rules Brexit. Not hopeful that the latter will be avoided as there are way too many careerists in the Tory party who won't follow their Remain convictions if it risks their political future and it's not clear what Corbyn's real agenda is given his tolerance of Kate Hoey and co.

It was always continuation in the customs union or a hard border.  It’s been that since the vote.

Certain politicians refused to address this as it was too intractable an issue to deal with.