Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Piers (the arse) Morgan saying on Good Morning Britain, that although he voted Remain, he now thinks that Britain should crash out with No Deal in preference to May's crap deal. Part of his thinking is that the British are a very resilient and resourceful race and would sound find new ways of mitigating any economic damage!

I still say that crashing out without a deal is all the motivation the SNP would need to trigger Indyref2, and I'm very confident they would win comfortably.

Piers (the arse) Morgan saying on Good Morning Britain, that although he voted Remain, he now thinks that Britain should crash out with No Deal in preference to May's crap deal. Part of his thinking is that the British are a very resilient and resourceful race and would sound find new ways of mitigating any economic damage!
I still say that crashing out without a deal is all the motivation the SNP would need to trigger Indyref2, and I'm very confident they would win comfortably.

SNP can't trigger indyref2.

19 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
27 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

SNP can't trigger indyref2.

Understood, but they will be in a position to make a powerful and compelling argument for it.

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Generation X was coined in the 80s, Baby boomers in the 50s. Just sayin.

I don't think the phrase Baby Boomers was coined in the 50s. It certainly refers to those born in the late 40s/early 50s, but I don't think it was used until later. Although I'm open to correction.

42 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I think there is definitely a movement to no deal. It will be the media that decides

There's absolutely no movement towards No Deal.  No Deal is what happens if nothing further happens.  The fact that everyone is mucking about in the desperate hope of getting something through pronto is a sign that nobody wants No Deal.  Which is absolutely as it should be, because withdrawing from the EU and replacing it with absolutely nothing is bat shit mental.

The media is not a monolith.

The construction industry, for one, have already cancelled or mothballed many planned projects which were scheduled for next year and beyond, only then will the reality start filtering through about what an utter and complete shambles this whole affair has been, since Cameron decided to put the wheels in motion.

Even at this late stage we still don't appear to be planning ahead for any contingencies regarding our ports and airports, Holland as an example have recruited and started training 3,000 civil servants to deal with the trade and transportation logistical issues, but what are we doing ???

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Over the weekend some (I think it was Sturgeon) made the point that when people voted in the Independence Referendum that they were voting on an 800+ page White Paper.  Whether or not they agreed they at least had significant details as to what was on offer.
People voted on the Brexit referendum virtually blind.  Suggesting that it is undemocratic to have a vote now that people know what is on offer is the ONLY democratic way to move forward.

It's funny (tragic) how the unionists jumped on the bandwagon re. The white paper. Yes movement at least showed mature competence in their debate and vision. The English electorate have really been treated with contempt by the Westminster charlatans for years

Mature competence? Salmond made a rats of the currency question.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The construction industry, for one, have already cancelled or mothballed many planned projects which were scheduled for next year and beyond, only then will the reality start filtering through about what an utter and complete shambles this whole affair has been, since Cameron decided to put the wheels in motion.

My family has a managed investment portfolio that has risen steadily for as long as I've been aware of it. Found out last Thursday that it's dropped by 8% since June.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My family has a managed investment portfolio that has risen steadily for as long as I've been aware of it. Found out last Thursday that it's dropped by 8% since June.

Yeah my SIPP and ISA have dropped by significant amounts.  That said the stock market rights itself eventually.

My latest daily theory: Parliament will get to go through all the options and after each one fails to get a majority they agree on May's deal after all, with some fudge on the back stop. Means all options are still open after transition, including hard Brexit and rejoining the EU.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah my SIPP and ISA have dropped by significant amounts.  That said the stock market rights itself eventually.

Glad to hear you say that, was slightly worried we were getting screwed. You would have thought it would be more in the news, like the pound falling, but then I rarely read the business pages.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes, the bluechips such as the Banks, Insurers and Supermarkets etc have lost quite a bit in the past couple of months in particular, however it's the major job losses which will start filtering through in the coming months which may be the real wake up call for many.........

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you thought about Northern Rock, mate? ;)