Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

That was a brilliant speech by Ken Clarke who, as a genuinely good Parliamentarian, will be sorely missed.

Points out the lunacy of people like JRM claiming he’s defying 17.4m people despite the fact he voted to leave the EU on three occasions, despite being a lifelong Europhile, voted against holding a referendum, and voted against triggering Article 50.

13 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I actually dont mind Mogg for a mentalist, he takes loads of interjections and is quite witty in an ealing comedy way.

"time's winged chariot is speeding away"

However, I think he rather misquoted Andrew Marvell and his "To his coy mistress"

From 1993 https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/how-to-end-the-welfare-state-through-media-manipulation-ministers-prepared-voters-for-what-was-once-1465551.html

While occasionally sipping the Chancellor's traditional glass of whisky, Kenneth Clarke had announced the deepest cuts in the social security benefits budget for some of the neediest groups; the people the welfare state was created to protect and who arouse public sympathy.

The pension age for women was to be raised from 60 to 65 starting in 2010; some 70,000 people a year who now qualify as physically or mentally disabled would lose invalidity benefit, and it would be taxed for new claimants; 90,000 unemployed people a year would lose all benefit, except their National Insurance contribution, after six months instead of a year - until their savings were spent.

f**k Ken Clarke.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He is a w**k who enabled Thatcher and was Chancellor under Major when his government were hammering single parents.

Quite.

I remember him as the bloke who's next job he took after being a Minister for Health......

was deputy chairman of British American Tobacco. (BAT).

Edited by beefybake

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, dirty dingus said:

Is the DUP there? Think they are similar to the Scots Tories. Voting against their people quietly.

Aye, they're there.

One of them got in a moan in aboot these damn ******s earlier in the night. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s speaking very well without notes which many MPs fail to do; including responding to an intervention.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah, I like him. I did get a fright when I looked up and saw his (relatively) new look though

We really should be proud of the SNP tonight.