Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I'd do this by setting up an enormously complicated flute licensing scheme, staffed only by people whose surname begins with O'

Alex O'Hara and George O'Boyle? Not always safe to make assumptions as plenty of Irish Gaels converted over the centuries, but let's not derail the thread. BJ, Nigel Farage and Douglas Ross (there's the masonic conspiracy surrounding the possible failed TIAR waiting to happen) should be the focus of our angst.

16 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So, the moment has come, and some of the things which we lose at 11pm tonight....

'Smooth' access to the world's second largest economic market, having trade tied up in red tape, customs checks, form filling, and the inevitable tarrifs placed on some businesses which don't meet the 40% of parts sourced in the UK/EU criteria.

No share of the $750 billion which the EU budget has now set aside for Covid recovery funding

A huge financial gap to fill, to replace the CAP funding

Lack of access to security and information sharing on criminal activity across the continent

Financial passporting rights for 80% of the UK's exports to the EU

Out of the Erasmus programme, 

Still owing the EU £25 billion as a divorce payment

Lack of smooth access to the world's largest exporter

Having to renegotiate trade deals which the EU already has in place with major economies like the US, China, India, Canada, which will take years

Lack of access to the highest foreign direct investment in the world, which the EU currently is

A hit of 6.4% to GDP

Watching Northern Ireland remain in the single market, the EHIC and Erasmus, carving up the UK in the process

But,....we get to keep 25% of the fish.....after 5 years.

In other words,walking in a winter blunderland.

19 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

As someone who has regularly been woken up earlier than I might otherwise wish to have been woken up while staying in Glasgow, I'd just like to stress that outlawing the orange order is and remains the number one political aim of my life.

Plus 1.

Used to live on paisley Road West and I don't think there was one month in the year that didn't have an actual walk of some kind or band practice or something 

Exactly....the sooner Scotland rejoins the party the better....it might take 4 or 5 years from application, it might take joining the Euro, but will be worth it. And....we actually get to chair the EU Council for 6 months.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, TonyHendrix said:

In other words,walking in a winter blunderland.

...apparently even the alleged 25% is mainly extra herring and mackerel British people don't usually eat with no scope for swapping quotas now for species we do and a suggestion albeit from Fergus Ewing that at least some of what was handed back wasn't even being used.

36 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So, the moment has come, and some of the things which we lose at 11pm tonight....

'Smooth' access to the world's second largest economic market, having trade tied up in red tape, customs checks, form filling, and the inevitable tarrifs placed on some businesses which don't meet the 40% of parts sourced in the UK/EU criteria.

No share of the $750 billion which the EU budget has now set aside for Covid recovery funding

A huge financial gap to fill, to replace the CAP funding

Lack of access to security and information sharing on criminal activity across the continent

Financial passporting rights for 80% of the UK's exports to the EU

Out of the Erasmus programme, 

Still owing the EU £25 billion as a divorce payment

Lack of smooth access to the world's largest exporter

Having to renegotiate trade deals which the EU already has in place with major economies like the US, China, India, Canada, which will take years

Lack of access to the highest foreign direct investment in the world, which the EU currently is

A hit of 6.4% to GDP

Watching Northern Ireland remain in the single market, the EHIC and Erasmus, carving up the UK in the process

But,....we get to keep 25% of the fish.....after 5 years.

Typical fucking Nat, no mention of blue passports.  No wonder your party is lagging in the polls with only 58% support.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Typical fucking Nat, no mention of blue passports.  No wonder your party is lagging in the polls with only 58% support.

Quite.😄...better get those blue passports in after the 25% fish quota......also as one interviewee famously said during the campaign....'I means, we need Brexit to stop so many people moving here from India'

48 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

I don't really remember Pamela Nash as a Labour MSP.  Any high/lowlights?  

I don't think she was ever a MSP. She was elected in 2010 after an all womans  candidate list was imposed on the CLP. It was not popular with some  but she won easily. She is a local person and I don't think she would be in any way a "Sash". She succeeded John Reid which looked like a bonus to let her be  a resolute Constituency MP but she was swept away in the 2015 landslide and I take some credit for that. Her role in SIU has earned her enough to keep going on the Better Together circuit. 

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Glad to see you're still a dab hand on the numbers front...

3 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

But that debate should be for another time.

But until then I'll give you nearly 30 paragraphs of Unionist ranting, Brexit great, we'll all work together and it'll be even greater.

Too late for this deluded pish, we're going our own way. 

The saddest part for me, apart from the economic self harm, is the loss of citizenship, ripped away by lying Tories, out for their own gain. 

The claim which was heard so often in the first Indy Ref was I don't want to lose my British citizenship/identity.

Ironically, Independence doesn't mean that someone isn't still a 'citizen' of the island of Britain. However European citizenship rights have been stripped away by this putrid deal. Citizenship of the EU now means either a 5 year residency in an EU country, or Scotland being in a position to join, and then wait for approval.

Its more than just what is stamped on the front of a passport. Its about shared rights and freedoms, which we enjoyed for 40 years, and have now gone.

The saddest part for me, apart from the economic self harm, is the loss of citizenship, ripped away by lying Tories, out for their own gain. 
The claim which was heard so often in the first Indy Ref was I don't want to lose my British citizenship/identity.
Ironically, Independence doesn't mean that someone isn't still a 'citizen' of the island of Britain. However European citizenship rights have been stripped away by this putrid deal. Citizenship of the EU now means either a 5 year residency in an EU country, or Scotland being in a position to join, and then wait for approval.
Its more than just what is stamped on the front of a passport. Its about shared rights and freedoms, which we enjoyed for 40 years, and have now gone.
Great post mate, I'm lucky that I have Irish citizenship but extremely disappointing for those that don't.