Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

21 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Eilidh Whiteford has as far as I am aware never hidden her pro EU stance from her constituents. Further she does not hold the position of secretary of state for Scotland.

Mundell was elected on a partly pro EU position. Albeit with his party promising a referendum. He himself expressed strong support for the EU.

He lost the referendum.

Yet he now supports Brexit!!!! 

If he had principle he would fall on his sword. 

Mundell is clearly just a yes man and his position is indefensible. 

Where has Mundell said that he has changed his view on Brexit? His vote today is simply to allow the PM to trigger Article 50 in line with the manifesto on which he was elected. 

The PM, most of the Cabinet and Junior Ministers campaigned for Remain. Presumably, you want them to resign too. The Government would be comprised of only pro-Brexit Ministers with Gove, IDS, Redwood, Rees-Mogg et al in senior jobs. Is that really what you want?

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Where has Mundell said that he has changed his view on Brexit? His vote today is simply to allow the PM to trigger Article 50 in line with the manifesto on which he was elected. 

The PM, most of the Cabinet and Junior Ministers campaigned for Remain. Presumably, you want them to resign too. The Government would be comprised of only pro-Brexit Ministers with Gove, IDS, Redwood, Rees-Mogg et al in senior jobs. Is that really what you want?

Rees Mogg as Scottish secretary. From a pro independence point of view that would be magnificent.:thumsup2

However on a serious note, I fail to see how any of those cabinet ministers who argued strongly for remain, can now flip flop on the issue without accusations of hypocrisy.

This is magnified in the case of Mundell who is (meant to be) our man in Westminster.

Is it too much to ask that he remain faithful to his own opinions especially when it is the majority opinion of those living in Scotland.

19 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Can you clarify, McSpreader - are these actual voting figures or an estimate of the vote in Banff & Buchan based upon desktop reaearch at the University of East Anglia and originally reported by the Daily Express?

As far as I recall, the referendum result was announced by local authority area. Aberdeenshire voted remain.

Yes I believe, from memory, it was the East Anglia  research , which I believe has never been debunked suggesting it is valid.

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Rees Mogg as Scottish secretary. From a pro independence point of view that would be magnificent.:thumsup2

However on a serious note, I fail to see how any of those cabinet ministers who argued strongly for remain, can now flip flop on the issue without accusations of hypocrisy.

This is magnified in the case of Mundell who is (meant to be) our man in Westminster.

Is it too much to ask that he remain faithful to his own opinions especially when it is the majority opinion of those living in Scotland.

There are posters on here who have admitted to changing their views on Independence. Are they hypocrites? Are they flip-floppers?

The new reality is Brexit.......good to see our representatives embracing that reality.... 

7 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

If Mundell did resign. There are a few pro-Brexit Scots in the Commons who could replace him - Liam Fox, Eleanor Laing (currently Deputy Speaker), James Gray, Iain Stewart. There are more in Lords, e.g. Michael Forsyth.

7 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Yes I believe, from memory, it was the East Anglia  research , which I believe has never been debunked suggesting it is valid.

So, in your opinion, Eilidh Whiteford should vote for Brexit because a speculative article in the Daily Express hasn't been debunked? 

Was the "World War II Bomber Found On The Moon" story ever debunked? Do you think it is valid too?

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Sometimes when in a state of confusional arousal I would rather that all MPs were delegates also. Then I wake-up and realise that would lead to a breakdown of social cohesion. Then I fall asleep again and realise that is the SNPs stratagem.

8 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, in your opinion, Eilidh Whiteford should vote for Brexit because a speculative article in the Daily Express hasn't been debunked? 

Was the "World War II Bomber Found On The Moon" story ever debunked? Do you think it is valid too?

Yes that one was debunked, along with the Elvis Presley is a Gracelands Gardener story.

Edited by McSpreader

13 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

There are posters on here who have admitted to changing their views on Independence. Are they hypocrites? Are they flip-floppers?

The new reality is Brexit.......good to see our representatives embracing that reality.... 

No cabinet minjsters posting in here though (that we know of 8))

Ofcourse people can change their minds. However part of that is the introspection of knowing you were wrong.

Do you really think any of the remainers in cabinet have really changed their minds on Europe? 

Somehow I think not. They are just too spineless to admit.

As I said the case is especially magnified in respect of Mundell. Not only was he/is a strong supporter of the EU, he is also meant to represent Scotland in cabinet.

He is betraying himself and Scotland....again.

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

Yes that one was debunked, along with the Elvis presley is a Gracelands Gardener.

Here's a link to the recent (2015) Express article supporting the WW2 bomber theory. Please provide a later link debunking this story

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/583080/Plane-shaped-UFO-found-on-Moon-in-50-year-old-Soviet-lunar-mission-pictures

15 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yes. A friend of mine, as Aussie journalist, wrote it! :thumsup2

Sunday_Sport.jpg

And this one too.

money-graphics-2008_869484a.jpg

:lol:

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Sunday_Sport.jpg

And this one too.

Aye, but we were talking about the Express, not that other comic :)

BTW - some of my mates at Uni used to make some extra beer money by selling stories to the Sport. One of them fathered a cauliflower, if I recall correctly.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Sunday_Sport.jpg

And this one too.

Brilliant front pages, both of them. I remember, at the time, managing to sway a Scottish Nationalist in my party to purchase both editions so I could be entertained. Well I was to tight to buy them for my own amusement. Just like any good Scotsman.

36 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

There are posters on here who have admitted to changing their views on Independence

I'm one and I'd prefer an independent Scotland in The EU than a united Britain outside it - not that I have a chance of influencing this as I live "down here".

Two things, though.  1. I heard wee Eck on the wireless earlier from The Commons saying we can stay in what he called "the single marketplace" as if he was serious.  Well, no, Alex.  If you want "single market" values then it comes as a package and that includes the 'free movement; clauses and White Van Man has scuppered that.

2. Wee Nicola running about the place declaring for 'the single market' is just embarrassing.

My thought?  Let's deal with the Brexit shite and then have a new independence discussion.  Simple and elegant.  A bit like me.

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Aye, but we were talking about the Express, not that other comic :)

BTW - some of my mates at Uni used to make some extra beer money by selling stories to the Sport. One of them fathered a cauliflower, if I recall correctly.

Is this them? There is a common theme .

jPWDUZ6.jpg

10155053_841092705907315_1111414448_n.pn

68e5a42832bff62975a6ff27c4043d13.jpg

28 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Here's a link to the recent (2015) Express article supporting the WW2 bomber theory. Please provide a later link debunking this story

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/583080/Plane-shaped-UFO-found-on-Moon-in-50-year-old-Soviet-lunar-mission-pictures

Oh no, I'm afraid I shall not !,......this conversation has ran it's course!

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm one and I'd prefer an independent Scotland in The EU than a united Britain outside it - not that I have a chance of influencing this as I live "down here".

Two things, though.  1. I heard wee Eck on the wireless earlier from The Commons saying we can stay in what he called "the single marketplace" as if he was serious.  Well, no, Alex.  If you want "single market" values then it comes as a package and that includes the 'free movement; clauses and White Van Man has scuppered that.

2. Wee Nicola running about the place declaring for 'the single market' is just embarrassing.

My thought?  Let's deal with the Brexit shite and then have a new independence discussion.  Simple and elegant.  A bit like me.

Good idea. The Brexit shite will come to fruition, with enjoyment. Then separation can simply and elegantly be collapsed. Then we can rid the Socts electorate of the Poseidon Adventure. 

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I must admit that the '  independent Scotland in The EU than a united Britain outside it' will get you a few beers in the cosmopolitan London suburbs. You're just full of good ideas.