Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

45 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Comment from BBC site, it's really laughable

Amazing to think the UK survived for 6 years without selling a single £ to Europe, when our supplies from the ROW were being bombed and torpedoed by the Germans. when we leave the EU what will happen is the the French, Spanish, Germans and all will be rioting in the streets because they cannot sell to us and the EU will collapse.Arrogance will be the cause, The EU leaders will be to blame.

Wow

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Amazing to think the UK survived for 6 years without selling a single £ to Europe, when our supplies from the ROW were being bombed and torpedoed by the Germans. when we leave the EU what will happen is the the French, Spanish, Germans and all will be rioting in the streets because they cannot sell to us and the EU will collapse.Arrogance will be the cause, The EU leaders will be to blame.

Make no mistake, there are folk who will make those sort of comments and be trolling, but there will also be folk who genuinely believe what they say.  The latter group will be the eye bulging victims of strokes who will be clogging up our hospitals in the event of Brexit not going ahead.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

.  The latter group will be the eye bulging victims of strokes who will be clogging up our hospitals in the event of Brexit not going ahead.

Send in the stockpiled undertrained doctors to deal with them imo.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Amazing to think the UK survived for 6 years without selling a single £ to Europe, when our supplies from the ROW were being bombed and torpedoed by the Germans. when we leave the EU what will happen is the the French, Spanish, Germans and all will be rioting in the streets because they cannot sell to us and the EU will collapse.  Arrogance will be the cause, The EU leaders will be to blame.

Of course the EU is going to struggle without us.

It would never have got started without us - oh okay it did but once it was started they were dead keen to get us in - except for the veto by de Gaulle that is but in any case, I am sure they were always pleased whenever we turned up and described them as a bunch of idiots.

Boy they're going to miss us!

Of course the EU is going to struggle without us.
It would never have got started without us - oh okay it did but once it was started they were dead keen to get us in - except for the veto by de Gaulle that is but in any case, I am sure they were always pleased whenever we turned up and described them as a bunch of idiots.
Boy they're going to miss us!

Tbf I think De Gaulle’s opposition was based more on the view that we were Washington’s lapdog which I’m sure we can all agree wasn’t borne out by subsequent historical events.

13 minutes ago, madwullie said:

TBF us leaving will have a large impact on the eu, but nowhere near as disastrous it will be for us. 

It's not going to be a bundle of laughs for the RoI either, by all accounts.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, they’re part of the EU.

HTH.  :)

Very good - it's going to affect them disproportionately compared to Poland, Denmark, Italy et al.

I think that's starting to sink in down south.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Very good - it's going to affect them disproportionately compared to Poland, Denmark, Italy et al.

I think that's starting to sink in down south.

Not as disproportionately as Gibraltar.  I think/hope rEU will help out ROI.  Not sure the U.K. will offer tangible support to Gibraltar.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not as disproportionately as Gibraltar.  I think/hope rEU will help out ROI.  Not sure the U.K. will offer tangible support to Gibraltar.

Can't see that happening. You're probably right with the second part!

Edited by Jacksgranda

35 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

They're duty bound to as Ireland is a member...

Just as they were to make sure Greece could bounce back quickly from the economic crisis created by not having proper controls over how debt was being generated in the eurozone and just as they were to make sure that self-determination could happen in Catalonia when there was a majority for an independence referendum in the Generalitat? The UK would be a lot better off in the EU than outside, but let's not pretend that the EU always acts benevolently. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Just as they were to make sure Greece could bounce back quickly from the economic crisis created by not having proper controls over how debt was being generated in the eurozone and just as they were to make sure that self-determination could happen in Catalonia when there was a majority for an independence referendum in the Generalitat? The UK would be a lot better off in the EU than outside, but let's not pretend that the EU always acts benevolently. 

No, wrong on both counts champ. Like it or not, Spain is an EU member Catalonia is not.  The EU has already been consistently fighting Ireland's corner in negotiations.  You're just talking pish.